What's new

Never Been Insulted By An Ebay Seller Before Until This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I understand that the seller didn't want to move on his price but I believe that He could have said that in nicer way and not have been so insulting .
Glad you found what you wanted.

If you want a polite response every time, have no fear: the day everything is done through chatbots is right around the corner. I figure a little variety and personality makes the world go round.

Since we are a forum we’re we discuss things the OP is entitled to “cry about it here” if he so chooses.

Then in that regard, I’m OK to question why OP is a little over sensitive about someone being mean to him it seems by playing devils advocate.Not sure, but someone being mean is an every day occurrence of my life in Boston. I don’t make a post about it

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Negotiating is half the fun.
I suspect for some. I hate negotiating price. Tell me what you want. If I think it's a good price, I will buy, if not, I walk on.

Hell, I hate shopping at Kohls for that very reason. Everything is on sale, double secret sale, and so on. I have no idea if the $70 dollar item might actually be $70 or if it will really ring up $28.99 after all the discounts are applied. I don't enjoy "the hunt" I guess.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
No insult. Just a touchy seller feeling oh so wronged, having a good spew on a sensitive buyer. Hopefully both parties are happy with how things turned out. I would have just said "sorry no, I can't go that low, and I think it will sell at my price if I am patient, but thanks for the offer."

Sorry guys if it seems like I'm crying but I was just trying to make a point that maybe wasn't clear, here's a good quote : "you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar" & it cost him a sale. I should have included in my original post that ironically I ended up buying one from the $80 guy and it didn't cost me $80.

One of my bosses gave me great advice over the years. One piece of advice was this: Don't take anything personally. It's just business.

So, that said, you could have bought one for $40 but because you felt insulted, you paid more for one (less than $80 but probably more than $40?) from another seller? Do I have that correct?

One of my bosses gave me great advice over the years. One piece of advice was this: Don't take anything personally. It's just business.

So, that said, you could have bought one for $40 but because you felt insulted, you paid more for one (less than $80 but probably more than $40?) from another seller? Do I have that correct?

He posted that he ended up paying less than $40.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

Let's see. $30 minus ebay fees and shipping means I would keep about $22 when someone else is selling them for $80 (and sold one about a week ago). I think I will keep the price at $39.95, or maybe raise it by $10.

I would say that was a little feisty and spirited but not downright rude.
These guys get a lot of messages asking for discounts so maybe you
got him at the wrong time.

I've been subjected to far worse commentary on this forum...especially
in the "honing" section. Some guys seem to think sharing a little knowledge
gives them a license to go out of their way to be rude, impatient and condescending.
They go absolutely ballistic if you ask a question that they deem out of line.
What can you do except laugh it off?

I am with the person that says post your price and be done with it. I negotiate nothing. The closest I will come is car buying. I ask what the bottom dollar they will take....if they come back with make them an offer I will. ONCE. It works more often than not. That being said, the OP made his offer and the seller became a smart ***. A simple no would have sufficed. For some reason, it seems society has forgotten its manners.

The seller probably thought he was going out of his way to explain his price. Given the OP's overly sensitive reaction, I think a simple "FU" might be sufficient next time. I hope nobody thinks I'm being insulting by saying that. If they do...

The seller probably thought he was going out of his way to explain his price. Given the OP's overly sensitive reaction, I think a simple "FU" might be sufficient next time. I hope nobody thinks I'm being insulting by saying that. If they do...
Yup that's what I should have done, your right.

Thanks for all the replies, its been a fun read but time to move on, I have and it all worked out as like I said in a following post I got a nice razor on its way to me for less than the other seller wanted. To MntnMan62 it was $37 btw.

One can't write such things in an ebay message without suffering deleterious repercussions.

Thanks for all the replies, its been a fun read but time to move on, I have and it all worked out as like I said in a following post I got a nice razor on its way to me for less than the other seller wanted. To MntnMan62 it was $37 btw.

Great deal. As to my previous post, and as the great Emily Litella once said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom