What's new

Nerdmans Razor Thread

and the grand finale:
I love that green color, anything to do wit G.L.J. LOL Beautiful design and color on those scales ! Wanna see it on SOTD

My baby is on the way home !!!:thumbup:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Great lookin Razor Jose !!! Ernie Strikes Again

This is my Torrey Wedge, 6/8'ths, Barbers Notch, Natural Abalone LVS Scales, Clear Wedge.
Scales were my design "THE SHARK" and color was either gonna be Blue Paua LVS or Blue Black acrylic, then Ernie e-mailed me a pick of the Natural Abalone LVS and that's what I decided on as soon as I saw the material. Ernie thought the wedge would look good clear, and I agreed. The three pins is what we discussed in the beginning, and the top pin turned out to be a perfect eye for the SHARK ! Ernie did the Resto and Jose honed the wedge. These scales turn all kinds of crazy colors in the light, Green to Blue to Purple, amazing to me !
Resto done here http://www.ambroseshave.com/

Fantastic

Thank you!

I love that green color, anything to do wit G.L.J. LOL Beautiful design and color on those scales ! Wanna see it on SOTD

Great lookin Razor Jose !!! Ernie Strikes Again

Thanks Mark!

Thank you guys Ernie did a great job!

Its a TI le grelot C135 steel :blushing:

:blushing: You should be getting this tommorow!! Let me know how it feels compared to your last T.I. :thumbup1:

This is my Torrey Wedge, 6/8'ths, Barbers Notch, Natural Abalone LVS Scales, Clear Wedge. Ernie did the Resto and Jose honed the wedge. These scales turn all kinds of crazy colors in the light, Green to Blue to Purple, amazing to me !
Resto done here http://www.ambroseshave.com/

Awesome Mark, makes me very happy to know you liked it! Your design was crazy and kool, and thanks for letting me make the scales. How sharp is that bad boy? Hairs probably pop off before the blade even hits em! lol. :thumbup:

Awesome Mark, makes me very happy to know you liked it! Your design was crazy and kool, and thanks for letting me make the scales. How sharp is that bad boy? Hairs probably pop off before the blade even hits em! lol. :thumbup:
Ernie, I'm not so sure that just anybody could make a set of scales like these. Your work went above and beyond any expectations I even dreamed of ! Everything is in perfect proportion, I couldn't of gotten a better job if I asked for one ! Fantastic job my friend. As far as being sharp, get outta here ! When I even think about shaving, whiskers start quivering ! Jose did a fantastic, top notch job on this Wedge ! Scary Sharp and ever so Smooth !!! You guys made this Wet Shaver, a very happy camper !!! My Hat goes off to both of you guys. I would/will highly recommend y'all s work to anyone looking for a custom razor restoration !

Thanks for the Fantastic Job Guys !

Mark

Gents, let me tell you the story of a Howell Gano that came into my life as only my second purchase from Larry Andro at WhippedDog.com.

This girl wasn't the pretties in the neighborhood, but she had character:

proxy.php

After some time of having her in my den, I decided she needed a makeover, so I sent her to Nerdman to be taken care of. Alas, when he took out the pins and buffed the blade, he found that the scales were cracked and couldn't be reused! :crying:

After getting myself together, I sent Ernie the following sketch:

proxy.php

He returned this:

proxy.php

:w00t: :w00t: :001_tt1:

Want to see more? Need I even ask?!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The scales are ebony and they look gorgeous! Thank you, Ernie! I love it! :thumbup1: :lol:

I didn't know Mark (blugill) at all, but I'm glad he got his shark before he passed away. Nice work bringing his scales to life, Ernie.

Hello Gents, long time no post.

Thanks for Looking! As always, all comments and suggestions are welcome! Its the only way to learn and try new things!!

Here is a sneek peak at some scales im currently working on. Yes they look messy now, but those are my "blanks", I still have to cut the shapes out, sand smooth and polish!!

proxy.php

last week i was trying to remember nerdman's username and it popped up in the BST today and I was wondering what happened to him and these interesting scales. anyone know? thanks

last week i was trying to remember nerdman's username and it popped up in the BST today and I was wondering what happened to him and these interesting scales. anyone know? thanks

I tried to contact him a couple months ago to see how he was doing, as I hadn't heard from him either but I didn't hear back. :(

Top Bottom