What's new

Neighborhood Pharmacy Pics From Around The World

View attachment 479476

Here's a nearby shop (Müller) in Austria. 2 brands of de blades, some brushes, sticks and creams - nothing overly mind blowing..........until you turn the corner in to TABAC heaven!

View attachment 479477

Tabac, Irish moos, old spice - plus, far bottom right, a bottle of wolf old spice, what ever that is!

LOTH turned upped the nose at Irish moos but as there wasn't a tester bottle for old spice I picked one up (didn't break the bank anyway) which I can I least use to get the fragrance ratio nailed down for things like shaving soaps.

That is what a drug store should look like! I need to move to Europe.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407011739.157933.jpg
This is at a general store in Downtown Branson, MO that I took earlier this week.

They also had some cheap badgers, a few Omega synthetics and starter kits.

Last edited:
I'm still amazed at the low numbers of DE razor blades as well. Regardless of the country there seems to be very little interest on the part of retailers on stocking a wider variety of them. There was 1 in my local retail store and 2 in the store in Austria. Maybe over time they will start offering more DE blades for sale. Hope so anyway.

Last edited:
It's called Kingsley or Kingsley's. They were sellin' it for $4.99. I googled it and didn't find that much info. I'll probably pick some up next time I'm in Branson.

Found a few old threads on it like this one. Not a huge risk at 4.99 so may as well give it a shot. I think i may want to give Williams another shot at some point. I tried it early on when i had no lathering skills and couldn't get much out of it.

Finally got a picture here, havn't been in this area for a few weeks you see. This pharmacy is in Manchester. It has brut AS, erasmic stick, bowl, tubes and canned foam/gel. Palmolive cream and stick, Ingrams and a boar brush.
$image.jpg

Finally got a picture here, havn't been in this area for a few weeks you see. This pharmacy is in Manchester. It has brut AS, erasmic stick, bowl, tubes and canned foam/gel. Palmolive cream and stick, Ingrams and a boar brush.
View attachment 484019
Nice to be able to get a great soap like Palmolive at a regular pharmacy. And I've never seen that flavor of Brut in the US either.

Lynx looks an awful lot like Axe!

I think that Axe is the international branding. Sometimes what they go with in the uk doesn't work with other countries. Cars, for example - UK has Vauxhall but in Europe and most of the world it is Opel. Exactly the same cars just with a different branding.

4 blocks past Walgreens is a non-chain store named Rite Way Pharmacy. Check out the improved selection.....
View attachment 478034
Notables: Barbasol Original, Florida Water, 3 varieties of AV, Williams, Skin Bracer, Clubman and hold on, do my eyes deceive me? In the wild? Yes, that's right, the always controversial, the one and only....Lectric Shave. And also the Veg.

Other than the Clubman products and the Barbasol aftershave its sad that this is only what most stores carry. I like the pic though and will be sending my own in on this thread. Congrats on starting a trend!!!

Was in Japan on one of my regular trips, and I headed off to a store called Takeya, which is a kind of department store, except it is spread across several locations across a couple of streets. (all very close together).

I went there to price up a watch. I don't need any shaving products, but while I was there I picked up a bottle of MG5 aftershave for me as I have just about finished my current travel AS (lucido), and a load of Shisheido hair products for the wife.

I did take a few pics, which I hope are interesting:

Was in Japan on one of my regular trips, and I headed off to a store called Takeya, which is a kind of department store, except it is spread across several locations across a couple of streets. (all very close together).

I went there to price up a watch. I don't need any shaving products, but while I was there I picked up a bottle of MG5 aftershave for me as I have just about finished my current travel AS (lucido), and a load of Shisheido hair products for the wife.

I did take a few pics, which I hope are interesting:

fascinating pics! I wish I had some experience with these products to comment. Definitely have heard of Mandom and Lucido.
I believe Pasteurs carries Lucido so I may have to do a price comparison the next time I'm over there.

Here are a couple pics from a few of the aisles from the pharmacy near my work. Fortunately...they only sell grooming products and not much else. I am pretty lucky.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 284
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 281
fascinating pics! I wish I had some experience with these products to comment. Definitely have heard of Mandom and Lucido.
I believe Pasteurs carries Lucido so I may have to do a price comparison the next time I'm over there.

Thanks for the feedback!

There are a few discussions about the Japanese market aftershaves, personally I like Lucido, it's basically scentless in my opinion (I don't have a sharp sense of smell), and also MG5. I see discussions about the old vs new (made in Vietnam) versions, I've got one of each, and to my nose, there isn't a difference.

I forgot to include this pic, which shows DE blades for sale. This is the first time I've seen the double packs of feathers for sale in a bricks and mortar store.

I arranged for a bulk purchase of feathers online last year, and the double packs advertised price was more than two single packs, so I ordered singles (20 or 25 from memory). When I got my hands on them, they were the double packs!

Top Bottom