What's new

Need Your Vote for Safety Razor of the Month - Merkurs - May 2012

Which Picture is Your Favorite? Win a $25 Gift Certificate!

• Rex with Progress

• Black and White Mergress

• Antique HD

• John Henry

• Martin de Candre with HD

• Bakelite and Wee Scot

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well I have to admit that I liked all of them, but for different reasons. Since I have to choose, I like the B&W in photo #2. Very classy. Good job goes out to everyone though.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My vote is for pic # 4 because it seems he's holding a 38C (and I also own the 23C). :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"A good picture is equivalent to a good deed." Vincent Van Gogh

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far. The poll will only be open for several more days. Get your votes in while you still can and be entered for the drawing!

echotron - It was actually taken with a Nikon D90 and a 35mm f1.8 thus the depth of field is very narrow. So definitely not old school. It's a modern digital, I did however use manual focus because when combining 3 images like that you want the only variable in the images to be the shutter speed. Essentially you take and underexposed, overexposed, and properly exposed images, merge them with a program like Photomatix, and tweak to get just the right amount of highlights and low-lights to make it pop. Pretty cool technique, but definitely not usable for all pics.

I was going to try that technique for some vintage watches I sell, but I failed with Paint Shop Pro 8. After seeing your technique, I might try it again.

I voted for the Black and White Mergress although I very nearly voted for Rex as it made me chuckle.

No.2 just has the edge over the the other pictures, very arty without looking like its trying too hard.

Less than 24 hours to go until the poll closes! I'll announce the winners late tomorrow night or Friday morning.

Top Bottom