What's new

Need to pay the mortgage? just sell your shiny red tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the seller' other current offerings, as well as some recently ended auctions,......well, I don't want to falsely accuse, but something funny is going on. He consistently has more bids and a much higher selling price than any other razors listed. And as far as I can tell, the same bidder pushes the price up in each one. Again, I don't want to accuse because it might be legit, but I have my doubts.

This particular seller is very well known on the forums, from what I can tell. Has a good reputation, and it shows in his prices. LOL.

So these appear legit to everyone? If they are, then I am sorry for even implying what I did.

I can make no comment on the razors as I have never purchased one from him, but the bidders are very real, and they are willing to pay a premium day after day, week after week, year after year. Some of them come here to show off their new razors.

I have gotten a few from him, and his razors look as good in person as it does in his pictures, i have not over paid for most of the stuff i got from him and havent noticed any replate's either. But his auction are sky rocketing alot more then when i used to buy, i think it has alot to do with his popularity and his excellent presentation's. I find him to be an honest seller from what my purchases have been. Right now Ebay Razor prices are sky rocketing big time do to thepopularity of vintage DE Razor Shaving.

After seeing what that red tip and gem went for I'm left with only one conclusion...I must literally have a fortune in my collection, with all of my redtips and slims and 1912's, I should go on Ebay!

If you look at the seller' other current offerings, as well as some recently ended auctions,......well, I don't want to falsely accuse, but something funny is going on. He consistently has more bids and a much higher selling price than any other razors listed. And as far as I can tell, the same bidder pushes the price up in each one. Again, I don't want to accuse because it might be legit, but I have my doubts.

Like lots of people here, I have purchased a few things from Quentin over the years, and I can say that without any hesitation that he is the most honest and honorable seller I've ever encountered on eBay. He describes every flaw there is, even the ones you wont see. He offers free shipping to 0&B members. He gives a full refund if you are dissatisfied in any way with what you've bought. The reason for the premium prices is very clear. You are paying for the privilege of dealing with an honest gentleman, and many of us pay for that privilege gladly.

and that pretty much sums it up. youre paying 50% of the price for the value of the razor, another 25% for the shiny photos and the last 25% because he's a trusted seller.

that's smart selling. alot of people new to buying DE's don't want to take risks. if something is well presented it will go quick.

Yup. Like I posted previously, I seriously considered buying a razor from him when I was a new to the DE world. His reputation plus great pictures as well as his guarantees make the prices worth it for most newbies who don't want to get a dud.

Since I buy my razors to SHAVE with, I don't mind them not being quite as pretty... which saves me about $100-110 on average, well at least on his prices!

$110 would buy me a nice used Feather AS, which would be a better purchase, to be honest. All stainless and will not require more than a washing once in a while.

Sorry, I am not much of a collector, except the very shiny early 50's superspeed in its case with some correct year blades... Still only have $25 into that one and it came with another Superspeed in very nice shape.

I want a red tip for my shaving rotation, but not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom