What's new

Need to pay the mortgage? just sell your shiny red tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know why he was banned from BB?
By The By.anyone on this site makes any remarks that he finds even mildly not to his thinking will be banned from ever bidding on any of his auctions.

i don't know anything about banning, but i think i recall he came on here trying to value a 7 day NOS heljestrand de wedge set... very pretty

With all the comments about him being a trusted seller, and how expensive his merchandise goes for, using that logic I wonder how WalMart became the #1 retailer in the world.

Also isn't it odd he's the ONLY one in this position.

Like lots of people here, I have purchased a few things from Quentin over the years, and I can say that without any hesitation that he is the most honest and honorable seller I've ever encountered on eBay. He describes every flaw there is, even the ones you wont see. He offers free shipping to 0&B members. He gives a full refund if you are dissatisfied in any way with what you've bought. The reason for the premium prices is very clear. You are paying for the privilege of dealing with an honest gentleman, and many of us pay for that privilege gladly.

I purchased a Henckels square point straight from this seller which he knowingly shipped to me with a bent toe. This flaw was not disclosed in his eBay listing. Anybody here want to guess what happens to your face when you shave with a square point blade which has a bent toe?

I don't consider him to be an honest seller at all. Caveat emptor when dealing with Quinton. Ask him about his soap.

By The By.anyone on this site makes any remarks that he finds even mildly not to his thinking will be banned from ever bidding on any of his auctions.

This is I know from personal experience.

Last edited:
Also isn't it odd he's the ONLY one in this position.

He isn't the only one, he's just the most notable one. There is another seller by the name fire.stone who takes really nice pictures and has very nice sets that fetch good prices.

He doesn't sell the volume or get quite as high prices as CFM, but he is a trustworthy seller that I have purchased from. His listings are the polar opposite of CFM. No blah, blah, blah BS in the descriptions and nice, clean pictures free of shelf liner distraction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150687480929

'Gillette 50's open comb, L@@K nice, left the cleaning to the buyer, see pictures for condition, and I'm so generous that I don't mind refunding if you complain there's a crack on the handle hidden on all 3 low quality photos'

Nothing like a little petty jealousy, many sellers don't even read the instructions that came with their cameras and post 1 or 2 blurry pictures with their listing, then they cry foul when their crappy razor sells for $10 and CFM's razors fetch $100s.
You get what you put into your auctions.
I contacted CFM to see if he had any user grade NEW heads suitable for replating, he was quite knowledgeable and was aware of my little business and was able to provide me with quite a few NEW heads at a very reasonable price and said he'd put the word out to his sources for me.
Both him and his wife were a joy to do business with.
I judge people by how they deal with me not innuendo spread by the envious.

I guess someone wanted a nice Red Tip as much as I wanted such a Black Beauty when I bought it from CFM in the summer. And I was happy to pay premium for not only the item but for the service, presentation, confidence, professional packaging. Would I pay this much for a Red Tip? No. But if I want another type of razor a lot and CFM offers it, I'd spend money for their quality of business without hesitation. Finally, he doesn't demand high starting price, right? So it's buyers' choice.

Nothing like a little petty jealousy, many sellers don't even read the instructions that came with their cameras and post 1 or 2 blurry pictures with their listing, then they cry foul when their crappy razor sells for $10 and CFM's razors fetch $100s.
You get what you put into your auctions.
I contacted CFM to see if he had any user grade NEW heads suitable for replating, he was quite knowledgeable and was aware of my little business and was able to provide me with quite a few NEW heads at a very reasonable price and said he'd put the word out to his sources for me.
Both him and his wife were a joy to do business with.
I judge people by how they deal with me not innuendo spread by the envious.

It isn't jealousy, it is just common sense to wonder how one seller has a seemingly unlimited supply of mint condition uncased razors. If folks want to pay 3-4 times what an uncased razor is normally valued at, more power to them. As far as the character of this seller, I learned all I need to about it through personal experience from the CFM soap nonsense and also from the gold painted Super Adjustable they had for sale.

Everyone forgets the cardinal rule; One man's trash is another man's treasure. While I wouldn't pay that price for a red tip (and it seems like most others wouldn't either) someone out there will. That is the beauty of selling on something like EBay...So many people have no idea what they are buying and do little to no research and end up paying the prices because of the shinnies.

It isn't jealousy, it is just common sense to wonder how one seller has a seemingly unlimited supply of mint condition uncased razors. If folks want to pay 3-4 times what an uncased razor is normally valued at, more power to them. As far as the character of this seller, I learned all I need to about it through personal experience from the CFM soap nonsense and also from the gold painted Super Adjustable they had for sale.

I don't want to stir controversy here, but c'mon. Someone got a bad razor from Quinton once, and what happened? He gave a refund, correct? No questions, no problems. With as many razors as he sells in a given month, it would be crazy to say that there's not going to be some dissatisfied customer somewhere, with a justifiable problem or not. The point is that if you buy from Quinton, you don't have to worry about what he's selling because he stands behind everything he sells.

Another thing -- there's something wrong with buying from Quinton because "where does he get all of these nice razors from, anyway?" Read his store page carefully, my brothers. If you have razors that you want to sell through eBay, but you don't have the time or knowledge to put them into excellent shape for reselling, then you can give the razors to Quinton to sell for you, and he splits the proceeds with the owner. He cleans the razor, photographs it, writes up a description, and even with his share being deducted, most sellers end up making more selling through Quinton than they would on their own.

Bottom line is that there is no conspiracy, just a guy and his wife who have built a very successful business by being honest and trustworthy with customers. Shocking, I know.

I have gotten a few from him, and his razors look as good in person as it does in his pictures, i have not over paid for most of the stuff i got from him and havent noticed any replate's either. But his auction are sky rocketing alot more then when i used to buy, i think it has alot to do with his popularity and his excellent presentation's. I find him to be an honest seller from what my purchases have been. Right now Ebay Razor prices are sky rocketing big time do to thepopularity of vintage DE Razor Shaving.
You happen to get some some unreplated pieces...but most are replated

Folks, we do not discuss reasons for banning from B&B as the banned party does not have the ability to defend himself. Because of that, and because speculation can only serve to create ill will amongst our members here in good standing, I'm closing this thread. B&B members are, again, welcome to purchase from whomever they wish. Caveat emptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom