What's new

Need to find a GREAT straight razor roll

I am looking to buy a great and reasonably priced straight razor roll. I am only going to have about 3 razors, so i was thinking 3-7 slots...

I guess I am just looking for something nice to travel with, someplace nice to put my oiled razors when i store them for a week or so.

I saw the TI 7-razor roll, and while it looks nice, it is 80 bucks. soo000...:confused:

well 3 razors for the time being as two are on the way!

i'll hold off on the roll until i can find a girl back at school to sew me one : )

for now, i'm using my cigar box case

I keep picking them up. Just bought a covered tang for a project that I have in my mind. I have become much more selective with my purchases though, as I have 4 or 5 that really shave well, and I don't "need" anymore.

I keep picking them up. Just bought a covered tang for a project that I have in my mind. I have become much more selective with my purchases though, as I have 4 or 5 that really shave well, and I don't "need" anymore.

If your den doesn't look like this yet, you haven't gotten past the "need" stage. :biggrin:

proxy.php

Last edited:
Neil Miller who is a member on this site in the Uk handmakes fantastic razor rolls in leather. He trades on Ebay UK and has a ebay shop called Millersmilitaria. The last time i looked he had plenty of different varieties for sale and at good prices.

If you want to go real cheap and utilitarian, but not at all shoddy, Harbor Freight has the best selection of tool/knife rolls for very inexpensive that I have ever run into.

Especially good if you have one near enough by and can go in and check them out. I had zero luck finding anything at all on their website: HarborFrieght.com.

Pessimist. :lol:

Samouraï;1326952 said:
I am looking to buy a great and reasonably priced straight razor roll. I am only going to have about 3 razors, so i was thinking 3-7 slots...

Sure, three straights :laugh:... guess you haven't acquired a tasty case of SRAD yet, have you? Resistance is futile.

If you are considering storing razors in the roll for long periods, don't get one in leather. I have it from a good source that chemicals left over from the curing process can discolor and corrode the razors.

Sure, three straights :laugh:... guess you haven't acquired a tasty case of SRAD yet, have you? Resistance is futile.

If you are considering storing razors in the roll for long periods, don't get one in leather. I have it from a good source that chemicals left over from the curing process can discolor and corrode the razors.

Huh, I guess I'll look for a hardware/cloth knife roll, or build my own--velvet-lined :)

I was going to write about the same thing. Those razor socks grabbed my attention immediately. Olivia's web site seems very interesting and I am surprised that I had not heard about it until just a little while ago this evening. I think she is going to have a sudden influx of orders for lots of things!

I was going to write about the same thing. Those razor socks grabbed my attention immediately. Olivia's web site seems very interesting and I am surprised that I had not heard about it until just a little while ago this evening. I think she is going to have a sudden influx of orders for lots of things!

I have been told her shaving soaps are quite good too...:001_rolle I think this is her profile here in B&B:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/member.php?u=762

Regards

My soaps--shaving and regular soaps--and my three razor roll arrived from Olivia yesterday.

This roll may be just what Samouraï was looking for. Very heavy felt, very well put together. Straight seams, for instance. Plain and straightforward, but classier looking than one might think. The thickness of the felt gives it sort of an luxurious look. Each slot seems to have plenty of room yet to really enclose the razor. I think it would give lots of protection to a razor, but still allow water to evaporate and the little. And I would not be worried about getting oil on the inside of it or anything. Seems perfect for traveling, unless one were going for the super hard case, sealed off with O rings approach.

I like it. But for day to day storage, rather than travel, I think I am liking the cigar box and foam approach, with dehumidifer packets, someone posted, that I put together with minimum skill. Gives lots of protection day to day, including from humidity and it is nice to be able to pop open the box and see all of the razors. .

Top Bottom