What's new

Need some opinions

Last year, my brother retired after 25 years with the Sheriff's Department. My gift to him was my K6s snubby. He loves it, but I miss having a .357 wheel gun. Looking around the S&W Model 19 Comp Carry caught my attention. It's larger and heavier (K frame) than the Kimber. It allows a full grip and is ported. As soon as my wife ends her shopping spree for the holidays, I plan to pull the trigger (pun intended). Does anyone have any experience with this revolver???

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Welcome back to the Shooting and Firearms sub forum PTW, It's good to see you posting in here again. Your presence has been missed.

I'm not a big revolver guy, but my brother is. He and I were at a LGS a few days back. While he was at the counter drooling on the glass of the revolver display case, I noticed a S&W 19 Carry Comp and a newer model Colt King Cobra sitting in the case almost side by side.

I don't know a whole lot about revolvers, But I did notice both of them, were very good looking revolvers and both seemed pretty comparable in size. I also noticed, they seemed to be selling around the same 1k price tag. It kinda surprised me as I have always heard Colt's Snake Guns had big price tags, but I didn't realize Smith's did also.

Again, I don't know much about the quality and workings of different brands of revolvers. I own just a few. I have a Ruger SP101, a couple of Ruger .22's, a Ruger Blackhawk Bisley passed down from my pops and I used to own a S&W 686 before I gave it to my brother years ago, because I broke a Taurus of his he let me borrow. :)

I really liked the looks of that Colt King Cobra though. :)

Welcome back to the Shooting and Firearms sub forum PTW, It's good to see you posting in here again. Your presence has been missed.

I'm not a big revolver guy, but my brother is. He and I were at a LGS a few days back. While he was at the counter drooling on the glass of the revolver display case, I noticed a S&W 19 Carry Comp and a newer model Colt King Cobra sitting in the case almost side by side.

I don't know a whole lot about revolvers, But I did notice both of them, were very good looking revolvers and both seemed pretty comparable in size. I also noticed, they seemed to be selling around the same 1k price tag. It kinda surprised me as I have always heard Colt's Snake Guns had big price tags, but I didn't realize Smith's did also.

Again, I don't know much about the quality and workings of different brands of revolvers. I own just a few. I have a Ruger SP101, a couple of Ruger .22's, a Ruger Blackhawk Bisley passed down from my pops and I used to own a S&W 686 before I gave it to my brother years ago, because I broke a Taurus of his he let me borrow. :)

I really liked the looks of that Colt King Cobra though. :)
Thanks, Okie. Been working 12 hour overnights for a while now and seems like all I do is work and sleep. I'm also spending my (what little I get) free time working on my truck.

I like the look of both guns, but for me, something gives the S&W the edge. I guess in the long term, nothing wrong with owning both!

5D0F66A7-328B-42AB-BCEB-5DD806206B37.jpeg

0EC43989-A900-4841-AEC2-F7B44E8F3601.jpeg
F11ABBDC-94C6-446D-9A05-9BFFED892E48.jpeg

Guess it may depend on what you will use it for. A ported barrel on a snub carry pistol might not be the greatest idea.
Grips are pretty inexpensive and readily available to address a concern you may have there.
I don’t own a K6 but have a couple Kimber autos…meh.
The Colt is a very well balanced and nicely fitted pistol. Its 3” configuration allows for easy EDC and in .357 it is an excellent defensive option.
Ruger…built to withstand anything. Great carry weapon with the proper holster.
S&W. Carried one for years, both 4” and 2 1/2” configurations. Tried and true. Tad big though.
Of the lot, you would probably get the most bang for your buck from the Colt.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Love my M-19 and actually carry it far more often than the Highway Patrolman.

I handled one a month or so ago when I bought my GX4. Being a Performance Center S&W it had a super slick action and excellent sights just as you would expect.

Top Bottom