What's new

Need some advise on growing beard.

A little background.

I am 29 years old and have had pretty decent facial hair since I was in my late teens.

I mostly kept a patch on my chin because my cheeks and lip hair was really thin.

The last few years the hair has been coming in good enough that it doesn't look tacky if I don't shave.

It's not as thick as I would like it to be and my mustache area and around my lips is still a bit sparse.

I'd really like to grow a nice beard this fall/winter.

Any tips or products I can use to help my hair grow in better or do I just have to let it naturally run it's course over time?

Here are pictures of my facial hair from just not shaving after a few weeks.........wasn't really trying to grow it, Just to lazy to shave it.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I think you just have to let it do what it will do. Then it's a question of how you groom it (which depends on how long you let it get). I keep a short Van Dyke.

I think you just have to let it do what it will do. Then it's a question of how you groom it (which depends on how long you let it get). I keep a short Van Dyke.

I've never really tried to grow one so any advise on grooming would be appreciated too.

I just use my shampoo on it when I shower........

Shampoo and condition regularly. Basically on the same schedule as your head hair. To keep it neat, find the lines you want and shave them regularly. I highly recommend a trimmer, set to your desired length, and keep it groomed. Also, spend time combing and brushing the beard each morning as you would if you were styling your hair. These are instructions for a groomed beard. If you just want to let it grow naturally, disregard all instructions except the shampoo and conditioning.

Shampoo and condition regularly. Basically on the same schedule as your head hair. To keep it neat, find the lines you want and shave them regularly. I highly recommend a trimmer, set to your desired length, and keep it groomed. Also, spend time combing and brushing the beard each morning as you would if you were styling your hair. These are instructions for a groomed beard. If you just want to let it grow naturally, disregard all instructions except the shampoo and conditioning.

Thanks!

just let it grow. And definately get a good trimmer. I'm looking for a new one now. Current one works fine, but battery is starting to lose it's charge quickly.

Wash and condition like your head hair. I use rechargeable clippers to trim my Van Dyke and then I use a small set of scissors to trim the edges around my mouth and even them up. Or I use the clippers with the guard removed. You can bevel the edges and make them look more tidy.

I think you have respectable growth there. It should make for a fine beard.

When I grew my beard, all I used was shampoo and conditioner. Never trimmed. As previously stated, "just let er GROW!"

You can comb and everything post-shower. If you want, you can even try beard oils and/or balms.

Top Bottom