What's new

Need shave soap advice.

Tabac
Haslinger
MWF
Williams

While anything is controversial around here, when comparing value to performance, they are in the game.
Finally someone said Williams. I've figured out the lather and now my drawer full of artisan soaps remains shut. Plus it's cheaper than vdh.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Gentlemen: I just began using my last puck of Van der Hagen soap. I am considering the Vermont Country Store's shaving soap pucks (3 for $10.99). Have any of you used them? Their customer satisfaction contains mostly favorable comments.
Are you satisfied with van der hagen?
If you are, why not just add a aftershave you like to kick it up a notch?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Are you satisfied with van der hagen?
If you are, why not just add a aftershave you like to kick it up a notch?
This.

While Stirling and Shannon's soap are exceptional, you may want to consider Cremogena first. It's Cremo + Neutrogena for Sensitive Skin in equal dime-sized dabs. Whip it up in a bowl & try it while you're waiting for other stuff to arrive in the mail.
I use Cremogena as a basis of comparison for all the new soaps I try - some have been alopmst as good, but none have been any better.

Gentlemen: I just began using my last puck of Van der Hagen soap. I am considering the Vermont Country Store's shaving soap pucks (3 for $10.99). Have any of you used them? Their customer satisfaction contains mostly favorable comments.

Check the local drug stores and small grocery stores for shaving soap. You may find Wiiliams at low cost.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Finally someone said Williams. I've figured out the lather and now my drawer full of artisan soaps remains shut. Plus it's cheaper than vdh.
Once you get modern Williams figured out, grate a puck WMS with half a bar of Dove Shea Butter hand soap, very hard to beat the performance to price ratio.............

Gentlemen, I did not write my initial post adequately. I was trying to find out if any forum members have used Vermont Country Store's shave soap pucks. I am considering adding them to my den. Van der Hagen and Williams soaps are both good products. And, from what I have read, many forum members have multiple soap and/or creams in their dens. Afterall, variety is the spice of life.

That's funny, I get more of a "stick your head in a janitor's mop bucket" smell from Arko. Great way to start the day... :blink:
My sense of smell must be off then. I love Arko stick's. The only soap I've used in years. I love it and I just don't get my people think it's smells nasty.
I've tried many expensive soaps and IMHO, none of them out perform Arko.
It's just down to personal taste

No. I'm Canadian Living in the UK, but my Daughter in Law is. I've spend quite alot of time there and gave become addicted to Turkish shave products.
The Arko soap does have a very faint lemon Kolonya smell to it. More like Duru than Osmanli.

Top Bottom