What's new

Need SE opinions

Hey guys,

I have an SE razor that isn’t double edged, that was in the back of my drawer. I think from an Asian company that uses a blade that I can’t recall. Feather series?

I apologize, it’s been a long while since I’ve been in the specialty razor game, but it’s the same type of blade that a Kai mild blade uses. It’s those longer sturdy blades that last a while.

I used that razor today and welp , the shave was aggressive, but I’ll be damned if I didn’t get a good shave from it on my neck with no irritation which is a rarity these days when going two passes WTG and ATB. It’s an Asian company that makes value brushes going off memory. QI maybe? It looks a lot on the head like a Blackland vector but more rounded on the top.

Long story short, I’m looking for a suggestion on a good razor that uses those blades , and you’re absolutely in love with. I would prefer smooth and mild over aggressive if that helps. The Blackland TI razor does stand out but mamma Mia it’s pricey. Having said that, I’ve been out of the game so long I may not know of the latest and greatest. Any input is really appreciated!

Sounds like a Yaqi. I'm also not in the Artist club single edge game right now but the Vector is definitely the darling around here. The Evolution Claymore is also well regarded along with the ATT X1.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I use the Yaqi Excalibur and it is a tame mid range, it uses the Artist club (AC) or 50mm blades. Italian barber Razorock makes a stainless steel V3 SE Hawk in the 50mm blades also and lots of folks enjoy using V3 Hawk.
(My Yaqi Excalibur SE AC 50mm with a 50mm Schick proline p30 blades. Very enjoyable affordable shaving razor also.)
SOTD Dec 9 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

stando rod
This razor is too mild for some blades.
Feather Professional and Feather Professional Super give a great shave.
29B61AE6-DABA-48C5-B273-7F9F0B3E35D6.jpeg

Sounds like a Yaqi. I'm also not in the Artist club single edge game right now but the Vector is definitely the darling around here. The Evolution Claymore is also well regarded along with the ATT X1.
Yaqi. That’s the one! I googled their razors and it’s the Excalibur I purchased. I’m not sure in the reputation of this razor. Maybe it’s the blade pairing I used, but WOW! Not bad ! It just feels a tad cheap with the standard handle. I know a new handle would be a logical upgrade, but I owe myself a treat and can stand not upgrade !

Hey guys,

I have an SE razor that isn’t double edged, that was in the back of my drawer. I think from an Asian company that uses a blade that I can’t recall. Feather series?

I apologize, it’s been a long while since I’ve been in the specialty razor game, but it’s the same type of blade that a Kai mild blade uses. It’s those longer sturdy blades that last a while.

I used that razor today and welp , the shave was aggressive, but I’ll be damned if I didn’t get a good shave from it on my neck with no irritation which is a rarity these days when going two passes WTG and ATB. It’s an Asian company that makes value brushes going off memory. QI maybe? It looks a lot on the head like a Blackland vector but more rounded on the top.

Long story short, I’m looking for a suggestion on a good razor that uses those blades , and you’re absolutely in love with. I would prefer smooth and mild over aggressive if that helps. The Blackland TI razor does stand out but mamma Mia it’s pricey. Having said that, I’ve been out of the game so long I may not know of the latest and greatest. Any input is really appreciated!
I'd give a hard look at the USA made ATT X1 Slant. It's fantastic!
And ignore the fact that it's a slant in case you aren't familiar with them. It's used just like any other normal razor!
The X1 slant has a slightly tilted head that makes it incredibly efficient & smooth!

Take a read through these threads whenever you have a chance:

And here it is (select X1 SE slant!):

Good luck,
LRod

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The Above the Tie X1 is very hard to beat.

12-22-22.X1.CanadaSS.MalachiteBoar.640.JPG

Mine's on the shortest of the ATT handles which is how I like it. I also very much like the ATT inkwell stand.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I have the Vector and X1 and both are excellent shavers. The Vector maybe shaves a little closer but I wouldn’t kick either out of my den.

Last edited:
My favourite SE razors so far are the Stando ‘Single Edge’ (more efficient than the Stando ‘Rod’ mentioned above, but still quite smooth), and the Alpha/Executive Shaving ‘Claymore Evolution’. Both are pretty well priced, around $100 or in that ballpark.

Going by what you said, the Blackland Vector might be a bit too aggressive for your preferences, though it is very beautiful.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Hey guys,

Brother Chickencutlets,

The brand name is not imprinted on the razor? That's unusual. I'm leery of a company who does not put their brand name on their merchandize. That's a red flag for me.

Top Bottom