What's new

Need razor identification help

My brother was at a curio type shop and sent me this picture. I have no idea what kind of razor the first one in the picture is. I’m not sure if I should be interested or not. Is this rare and unusual, or just some junky razor. I really would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on this. Sorry, this is the only picture I have of it.
D1D7B505-A70D-435A-89A8-B9714FEC7EF4.jpeg

Tough to say without a clear picture of the baseplate. That handle style was used on a few different razors, and used as a handle on Frankens. It’s more likely to be Krect than a Cooper (as it has posts).

Here’s my Cooper head on that handle style.

IMG_2907.jpg

My take, left to right. ?, Gillette Super Speed, ? single edge (these dice my face very efficiently), Gillette fat boy (love it or hate it - few fall in between), Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip in Silver (good shaver - top 1/3 of the pack for those new to safety razors shaving as far as Gillette goes). Based on the prices I see, overpriced for what I find in my area but that means little.

@Gryffindor - I picked up what may or may not be a Krect razor. It looks exactly like the picture that I found online but there are no markings on it.
Also, though the inside of the head seem shinier, the outside coating seems to be a thin matte like finish. You can see brass showing through on the handle where I was scrubbing with a toothbrush, although it seems mostly where the price was scotch taped.
The finish on the head is worn. At first I thought it might be zamak, but I can see brass shining through.
Any thoughts on this razor? Is it a knockoff, or just a version made for another company? I’m thinking of removing all the finish down to brass. I don’t think whats on it now is worth saving.
Any ideas on the best way to remove the old finish. It seems to be pretty thin.
2AB359D4-EDE3-4E82-B85A-3C3824A65D60.jpeg
2C8849A3-BEA4-4BC9-A3B1-3AA07ACAB219.jpeg
D51A815C-C237-4FD5-9C05-7B395FFD5140.jpeg
FC33F26E-62E7-4644-8760-F9AF82DEEA6E.jpeg

R

romsitsa

It's not a Krect, this had a spiral head. It's very similar to Berkely, Club, Hospital, most likely made by the same company for different brands.
DON'T remove the plating, handle and cap are zamak castings.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Interesting razor, I would have made the purchase if I had come across it. Congratulations on the acquisition.

Top Bottom