What's new

Need quick injector blade ref.

Long story to short. Got the lady to.try a vintage razor. Bought a schick.eversharp. pink.with flakes. best place to buy these blades? I know there are differt.kinds.Never looked.at injectors.
Screenshot_20191011-231937.png

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Your best option is going to be what is typically referred to around here as the "Chicks" -- they are Chinese-made Schick blades that come loaded in an injector with a key that will fit your razor. The have 7 blades to a package and they range in price depending on how many injectors you get. If you go to amazon and type in schick injector razor blades they will come up. They're in a yellow package and the injector itself will look like the one in your picture.

Frankly I'd skip the S(chick) blades because they are very sharp and harsh for the first few shaves before they break in and smooth out. Your lady might not want to use the razor after a shave or 2 with those blades. Get the Personna blades, they are much cheaper and are much smoother blades. Make sure you get the ptfe coated ones which are smooth as they come for injector blades.

The Supply blades here are just rebranded Personna ptfe coated injector blades.

You could get the blades a little bit cheaper at Connaught shaving but you'll be waiting at least a week to 2 for them to arrive whereas those you'll have in 3 days or less usually.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
One important mention is make sure that the new blade does not rub against the first blade stop when injecting a new blade. This usually occurs when there is no blade in the razor when purchased used, I recommend using a spent blade or sacrificial blade and install it in your injector dispenser which is not hard to do and inject it with the key. Some times it misses the stop and other times it scraps across it creating problems for sharpness and a unhappy shave. At a dollar a blade for some you do not want to keep wrecking blades unnecessarily. People who complain about dull blades, I believe this is usually the culprit IMO. Once a blade is installed there should be no problems afterwards for installing blades but keep a eye out regardless of a blade edge scraping the first blade stop for assurance. Schick and Personna make excellent injector blades IMO, They can feel a little harsh for the first shave or two because they are some sharpest blades MFG in the world. Schick blades might be a little smoother for the first couple of shaves than other brands IMO.
Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom