What's new

need opinion

Although I know many of my fellow BB'ers do not like using pre-shave oil I like using it. I have a question about Musgo Real pre-have oil has anyone used it? how does it compare to any other ones you have used in the past? Any insight and experience will be extremely helpful, thanks.

I am pretty new to DE shaving and am working my way through lots of sample packs. The one expensive item I bought outright was the T&H Ultimate Comfort pre-shave oil and I am glad that I did. It smells like limoncello and is incredibly moisturizing and slick. In fact, I have used it as my OCM oil and it is nicer than any of my own mixes. Yes, it was expensive, and an indulgence, but worth it, IMO, for the scent experience and my face condition.

I am pretty new to DE shaving and am working my way through lots of sample packs. The one expensive item I bought outright was the T&H Ultimate Comfort pre-shave oil and I am glad that I did. It smells like limoncello and is incredibly moisturizing and slick. In fact, I have used it as my OCM oil and it is nicer than any of my own mixes. Yes, it was expensive, and an indulgence, but worth it, IMO, for the scent experience and my face condition.

+1

I just started using my sample of this. It's really nice stuff.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
+ 1 on the T+H Ultimate pre-shave oil, its a bit on the pricey side, but it should last a long time. The other day I got some EO samples from Em's Place and tried the following: I put the sample in a small bottle with 1/2 oz of my wife's sweet almond oil - works excellent for me. I have now two bottles, one with the Lemon Citrus and one with the Woodstock scent mixed in.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I used to use oil. Now I use proraso pre or Kyle's technique. Using oil always left me with a greasy face. I stopped using it after an allergic reaction to T&H pre-shave oil...

I've used the Musgo. It is an oily oil, if that makes any sense. It definitely repels water and lubes up your skin, but it isn't anywhere near as heavy as the likes of AOS. Conversely, it isn't as light as T&H oil, which is the least "oily" of any pre-shave oil I've tried. I didn't find the Musgo to help my shave very much, but then I feel the same way about most pre-shave oils. Since you like pre-shave oils, this one is worth trying. It is scented with mint essential oils, so it is pretty refreshing in scent. It is also fairly reasonably priced and comes in a 100ml bottle, the same size as their aftershave.

Hope this helps.

So long as your face is ok with it, use anything that is good and slick. Just ate a bag of Lays? Rub that gunk all over your face!!

Just kidding. That will clog your pores. I have heard great things about Proraso Pre/Post, and plan on getting some myself.

I have 3 oils that I'm trying right now. I have the Musgo pre-shave oil, one from C.O. Bigelow, and some Maca Root Wash-Off shave oil from Bodyshop that I use as a pre-shave (scared to try it as a stand-alone). Of the 3, so far I like the Maca Root one the best. It softens my beard and gives whatever lather I'm using that day more slip than the other two oils.

I use Castle Forbes pre-shave, though only with the CF creams. I may buy some of the Proraso pre/post eventually, just to try it.

Top Bottom