What's new

Need Me a Label Maker

I'm getting into decanting aftershaves and colognes, and I'd like something more clean-looking than my EMT handwriting.

It was thought that I could just put the name on a sheet of paper via printer and then attach it with clear tape. But I can afford a cheap label maker.
Something that will stick to an aftershave bottle and not have the print fade if AS gets on it.

Suggestions?

Painter's tape, and my sloppy printing, has been my goto on everything from tools, to paint containers, to shaving stuff. storage and moving boxes, and everything else for years. It's easy to remove and do over when necessary.

I have a Dymo LabelManager 160. I like it, no complaints. There are lots of different widths and colors of label tape available for these. The labels seem to stick on glass bottles just fine although I haven't tried getting them wet yet. Dymo Label manager 160.jpglabels on bottle.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Dymo or an inexpensive one by Brother. 20 bucks and up. Just depends on the features you want. Some take different width labels or have different fonts, and designs they can print. Most are thermal I’m pretty sure. You can even find waterproof or weather proof labels for them. Or like super sticky, things like that.

You’ll have good luck if you visit an office supply store - Office Depot/Max, Staples. Probably even Target or Walmart. But I know Staples/Office Depot used to have a big selection.

I've had a Brother P-Touch PT-2430PC for over 10 years. It does more than I need, for I make the same lame label every time, but the labels look fine, stay on when wet and it's perfect for what I need.

PS: Wow I just looked it up and the price is insane now. I only paid arounf $50. There are newer ones that don't do all the label-making on the computer but on the device itself for like $35.

Top Bottom