What's new

Need information on my new Heljestrands. Pic heavy!

I'm happy to help! :smile:

Btw, Rune lives 350 meters down the road from me, so I might be honing one of them :wink2:

Yeah it's awesome to bring those old beauties back, and shave with them!
Nice. I sent them to Rune today, so he's probably going to get them in the beginning of next week. Join him and hone on :wink2:. I shaved with one of them this morning again and they are excellent shavers, try one out if you haven't shaved with one before.

Those are gorgeous razors. from what research i have been doing looking into razors for when i finally take the plunge into straights, you got an amazing deal on them as well. Congratulations!

What an amazing deal! I wish I could find a batch of swell razors at such a great price. Congratulations.
Thank you, as soon as I opened the package and started doing some research I realised it was a very good deal. The girl/lady I bought them from first wanted $100 and I said $65 so we settled for $85, if I had knew what it was I bought and how they shaved I would have easily paid more than $100. At least to me they are worth a lot more.

I got two almost identical Heljestrand MK31 in the mail today, does anyone have an idea of what age they could be? They have plastic scales (I think). I will polish them up as soon as I'm ready with another project (I'm currently restoring a D. Miller & Son wedge from 1860).

Here are some pictures:
$DSC_0002.jpg$DSC_0003.jpg$DSC_0004.jpg$DSC_0006.jpg

Rather late post, but i to aquired 2 Frameback heljestrands in a rather good condition.
I think those are made between 1864 and 1866. Mine are marked at the blade Högbo Bessemer. I think from what i have read so far, the tests of bessemer steel where made at Högbo and CV Heljestrand was one of the invited testers for different applications. I have seen razors marked with Sandvik Bessemer, i think those are made after 1866. I saw some on the internet with a blade with shark logo, that one must have had spare parts from Eric Anton Berg, that have worked with Heljestrand and have the shark as his logo, they made a similar type of razor.
Anyone with more info regarding this?

//MT

Rather late post, but i to aquired 2 Frameback heljestrands in a rather good condition.
I think those are made between 1864 and 1866. Mine are marked at the blade Högbo Bessemer. I think from what i have read so far, the tests of bessemer steel where made at Högbo and CV Heljestrand was one of the invited testers for different applications. I have seen razors marked with Sandvik Bessemer, i think those are made after 1866. I saw some on the internet with a blade with shark logo, that one must have had spare parts from Eric Anton Berg, that have worked with Heljestrand and have the shark as his logo, they made a similar type of razor.
Anyone with more info regarding this?

//MT
I have one also. Great razor!
1855-1899 — Sandvik Group

Top Bottom