What's new

Need info on a Gillette DE I purchased

It appears to be a non-adjustable Gillette super speed. They are a nice razor to learn with but you'll likely want to upgrade when your skills improve. A Merkur Classic will be a similar razor but gives a little better shave in my opinion. Let us know how you like it.

Jerry

DoubleE said:
It appears to be a non-adjustable Gillette super speed. They are a nice razor to learn with but you'll likely want to upgrade when your skills improve. A Merkur Classic will be a similar razor but gives a little better shave in my opinion. Let us know how you like it.

Jerry
Jerry I own a Merkur HD already, so in a sense I downgraded?..I thought it would be neat to own...Adam

Adam:

I own over a dozen razors because I like variety and I enjoy trying different razors! For me, the Merkur HD gives a better shave than the Gillette but that certainly doesn't mean it will be the same for you. To improve on something, you have to experiment. There are guys out there that prefer the Gillettes over the Merkur so I certainly wouldn't consider it a downgrade. I actually have more Gillettes than Merkurs and a 1953 Gillette super speed is one of razors always in my rotation. It's a little different design than the one you have and for some reason, maybe head design, gives me a slightly better shave. For the low cost of these razors, it's easy to experiment to see what you prefer! You can always turn around and sell them if you find it doesn't meet your needs. I encourage you to continue to try different razors, it's all part of the fun! Now, for brushes........

Jerry

LOL Jerry as far as brushes go I have a lil Col. Conk best badger for now....Key words...for now..:biggrin:

Adam,

Not a downgrade by any means, maybe a lateral move, but a good quality razor. Your seller, Jim (rraven) is a great guy. I bought a few razors from him and have spoken with him by phone. He is one of the ebay sellers I trust!

Randy

Top Bottom