What's new

Need identifying year on this Gillette Tech

$7FXc21R.jpg$hqFUawl.jpg$wKH0uTG.jpg

All I see that theres #2 but no letter code. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1946-50, here some good links from B&B/wiki http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Tech

Dates in Production: 1946-1950

Type: DE, 3 piece

Weight: 2.10oz, 60g

Description: Three piece design, top blade holder has one threaded prong (for handle). Inside: "PAT. NOS. ON PACKAGE", underside: "REG. U.S. PT. OFF. | [Gillette diamond] MADE IN U.S.A." Available in silver or gold color.

Notes of Interest: While this era of Tech razor is undated, you can discern its date range from the base plate. Note that the slots on the '46-'50 Techs are oblong. Techs from the '38-'45 have slots that are slightly triangular.

Welcome to B&B TheRustyBlade.

I can see that it was made in the second quarter, but the year code is made clear to me.
Where it says REG US in the first photo. Is there a lone letter below the "R" in REG US?

Welcome to B&B TheRustyBlade.

I can see that it was made in the second quarter, but the year code is made clear to me.
Where it says REG US in the first photo. Is there a lone letter below the "R" in REG US?
Tom, he said there is no letter, just a 2. That is odd to me.

I saw the B&B/Wiki, the thing that seems odd is that it has a number 2 for presumably being NDC Tech.

It is most likely from the 60s as guerreit2 says. Probably just a bad day at the plant or a damaged stamp where the letter failed in some manner.
If you look at the Tech line during the 60s there is a flurry of changes to the "center bar" on the under side of the cap. Yours is different than the 50s style.
Tom, he said there is no letter, just a 2. That is odd to me.
Thanks Alex, scanned down the thread too fast.....my bad.

Thanks guys, I'm going with the year made somewhere in the early 60's,
since most of the later top plates seem to have the block letter logo(?) instead of the Gillette diamond logo except maybe some of the British models.
Your knowledge here is much appreciated.

Top Bottom