What's new

Need help with summer scent

I'm looking for some inexpensive soap and aftershaves for summer. Really the only soaps I have that are not deeper scents are stirling lime, flowers in the dark, do not have aftershave for this. I'd love to have some but looks like it is no longer sold. And AOS bergamot and neroli no aftershave for that either.

Any suggestions on a lighter more summer scent soap and aftershave that isn't expensive. I would say right about the price of stirling soap and aftershave. PAA has a couple that sound nice but it's fairly expensive. I do really want to try their soap though.

If I can help you ...

- Razorock Caribbean Holiday.
- Rasozero Agrumella.
- Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo , Orange/Lemon Chill.
- The Goodfellas Smile Lemon & Mint.
- Proraso White or Green.
- Catie´s Bubbles Mile High Menthol.
- RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore.
- Stirling Piacenza.
- Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove.

Last edited:
I am sorry ... I forgot to add more.

- Razorock Caribbean Holiday.
- Rasozero Agrumella.
- Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo , Orange/Lemon Chill.
- The Goodfellas Smile Lemon & Mint.
- Proraso White or Green.
- RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore.
- Stirling Piacenza.
- Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove.
- Soap Commander Vision.
- Soap Commander Respect.
- Mike's Natural Lime or Coconut.
- Shannon's Soap Pineapple & Banana.
- Stirling Iced Pineapple.
- Stirling Pearberry.
- Stirling Black Ice.
- Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic.
- Stirling Gin & Tonic.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew (Orange citrus scent - very nice!)
Black Ship Grooming Black Beard (Lime heavy Bay Rum)
Black Ship Grooming Pirates Bay (Vanilla/Citrus)
Black Ship Grooming Captain Scurvy (Sandalwood/Vanilla/Lime)
The Goodfellas's Smile Abysso (Aquatic scent - Hard to get the aftershave in the States at this point, but I think it will come.)
Taylor of Old Bond Street Grapefruit (soap only)
Ogallala Limes and Peppercorns
Ogallala Sweet Orange

Bootlegger's you purchase the ingredients and mix yourself (It may seem expensive up front, but you end up with a lot of product in the end and if you do the math, per ounce, it's fairly inexpensive.)
Bootlegger's Green Freeze Equal Parts of: Mennen Skin Bracer, Osage Rub
Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum Add Equal Part of: Pinaud Citrus Musk, Pinaud Virgin Bay Rum, Master Bay Rum, Superior 70 Bay Rum
Bootlegger's Artic Lime Blast Equal Parts of: Pinaud Lime Sec, Osage Rub

Last edited:
Looking at the soaps you have leads me to suggest Speick aftershave splash. One of the best splashes I've used with a spicy citrus/lavender scent and natural botanical ingredients. That splash would go with both your current lavender and bergamot/neroli soaps. To go along with the splash, you could get a Speick shaving stick or a tube of the Speick cream. Both of these are very good. Total cost should be around $22 or less.

If you haven't tried Speick, it's well worth it.

A bit overpriced too, but they are triple milled pucks.

- Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera.
- Edwin Jagger Limes and Pomegranate.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Stirling Grapefruit
Stirling Piacenza (pretty good Acqua di Parma Colonia clone)
Bullgoose SV Colonia
Castle Forbes Lime
TOBS Grapefruit
Martin de Candre Agrumes
Martin de Candre Rose
Klar Agrumes
Acqua di Parma Colonia (Ahhh, the king!)
Czech and Speake Oxford and Cambridge

Slightly sweeter, heavier summer scents

Martin de Candre Fougere
Stirling Coconut Lime
Czech and Speake 88
Dovo Merkur Lavender (same soap as RR King Louis Lavender)

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to now be going through them making a list checking it twice find out who is coming home with me.

CF70706F-0BB2-48D3-8680-C2F46F68C497.jpeg

These are perfect for the summer ! There are plenty more out there, but these three are my favorites
from now until the early Autumn. Fun, fun, fun !

F376351E-B4BC-4FB2-8103-332E5BD0FBF6.jpeg

And here's another winner for summer. OMG, the choices are endless. Enjoy the journey !

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
If you can find it, Declaration Grooming’s Southern Paradise is a cool smack of peach tea greatness. One of my favorite summer scents. Still have the splash, too.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Bootlegger's you purchase the ingredients and mix yourself (It may seem expensive up front, but you end up with a lot of product in the end and if you do the math, per ounce, it's fairly inexpensive.)
Bootlegger's Green Freeze Equal Parts of: Mennen Skin Bracer, Osage Rub
Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum Add Equal Part of: Pinaud Citrus Musk, Pinaud Virgin Bay Rum, Master Bay Rum, Superior 70 Bay Rum
Bootlegger's Artic Lime Blast Equal Parts of: Pinaud Lime Sec, Osage Rub
Looking at the soaps you have leads me to suggest Speick aftershave splash. One of the best splashes I've used with a spicy citrus/lavender scent and natural botanical ingredients. That splash would go with both your current lavender and bergamot/neroli soaps. To go along with the splash, you could get a Speick shaving stick or a tube of the Speick cream. Both of these are very good. Total cost should be around $22 or less.

If you haven't tried Speick, it's well worth it.
Haslinger’s marigold may do the trick, great performance with a mild summer scent! :clap: :clap:

All of these plus:

Clubman Osage Rub as an AS followed by Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk Cologne
Epsilon Mediterranean Blue AS followed by Classic Match Blue Eau de Toilette Spray (Polo Blue clone) Cologne
Fine Aquamarine soap and AS

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I'm looking for some inexpensive soap and aftershaves for summer. Really the only soaps I have that are not deeper scents are stirling lime, flowers in the dark, do not have aftershave for this. I'd love to have some but looks like it is no longer sold. And AOS bergamot and neroli no aftershave for that either.

Any suggestions on a lighter more summer scent soap and aftershave that isn't expensive. I would say right about the price of stirling soap and aftershave. PAA has a couple that sound nice but it's fairly expensive. I do really want to try their soap though.

Dr. Jon's Flowers in the Dark is back...maybe a seasonal scent? It's being sold on their website and others. I just ordered a bottle.

Would like to throw a Mystic Waters recommendation in here. I’ve been enjoying the Coconut Sandalwood as my summer soap and my wife described it as “Polynesian intoxicating.” Truly smells like our previous trips to the Hawaiian islands.

Top Bottom