What's new

Need help with soap lathering

I've been wanting to try soaps, but every time I try to load the brush, it always comes out bubbly. I always shake out excess water from the brush, I even squeeze it before I start swirling, but I never get that paste like consistency. I've tried not adding water to the soap and it still comes out bubbly. Any ideas?

If it helps, I'm using a C&E pure badger brush and their Sienna soap.

Are you trying to create lather on the puck, or are you moving to a bowl or your face after loading the brush?

Assuming the latter, you probably just need a lot more soap. How long are you spending loading the brush?

I agree I just realized I wasn't loading it enough. For me it's not enough to count out 30/60 seconds while swirling I had to jam the brush down onto the puck and let it spread out. Then I move to a bowl with a few drops of water and jam it down again to get a lather going.

I now can get a pretty good three pass lather out of Williams, VhD, and Ralph Lauren Safari pucks with only a 30 second load.

So this morning, I tried to load it more and it ended up lathering in the soap bowl. It was too thin so I went back to my CO Bigelow cream.

So this morning, I tried to load it more and it ended up lathering in the soap bowl. It was too thin so I went back to my CO Bigelow cream.

Hmmmm. A few practice sessions between shaves would pay off well!

Best of Luck!

Top Bottom