What's new

Need help with Slant

Hi ! so I've been using a parker semi-slant for nearly a year. Thing was going very well and was giving really good shave. Since last month, the head started chipping and is about the break in two... So i'm looking to get a new slant in stanless steel because i'm tired of having those zinc one breaker ( 2 in 2 years). Are Ikon, Razorock the only slant in stainless steel?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Hi ! so I've been using a parker semi-slant for nearly a year. Thing was going very well and was giving really good shave. Since last month, the head started chipping and is about the break in two... So i'm looking to get a new slant in stanless steel because i'm tired of having those zinc one breaker ( 2 in 2 years). Are Ikon, Razorock the only slant in stainless steel?
I believe Above the Tie may offer one.

I would first check with the retailer or manufacturer and ask about any guarantee coverage. For the razor to last for less than one year is ridiculous. Something is seriously wrong.

Too bad to hear a razor working for you is not doing well at the test of time. I have not used a Parker Semi-Slant, so cannot provide comparisons.

Some slants that I know of, ATT S1 & S2, Razorock Wunderbar, iKON slants (B1, #102, X3), Fatip has a slant in brass.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I've got a half-dozen or so (mostly vintage), but for "new", I'd recommend the Razorock German 37. I've never tried the Parker, so I don't know how it compares, but for me the German could be a daily shaver (if it weren't for the other 100 or so razors I have laying around). Here are a few other options (that I've experienced):
  • Phoenix Artisans Accoutrements (PAA) -- Bakelight Open Comb Slant (BOCS). I like my BOCS and enjoy it as much (or even lightly more than) the German. But I like light razors (and these are VERY light), and when I just looked online, I see he has some crazy colors and calls it "Twisted Shave Tech" -- so I don't know if they are the same as his original BOCS. Please note, the BOCS is a different razor than the Alpha Ecliptic

• the Fatip Lo Storto is okay, but honestly, I prefer the German -- the Fatip is efficient, but I find it requires a touch more focus when I'm shaving than the German.

• the RR Wunderbar is VERY efficient, but if I let my mind wander for even a moment, I'll pay for it in blood. The Wunderbar is an awesomely built razor, but I can't see it as a daily, and honestly, I just don't find myself grabbing razors that require REALLY close and careful adherence to technique (pressure and angle) as much.
All of my comments are obviously based on my preferences and experience, so please keep that in mind as well. Hope that helps....and let us know where you ultimately land.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
For me the wunderbar is fine as a daily. Just depends on what you are used to.
Completely agree, and I do know several folks who really like the Wunderbar and use it daily. I've been threatening to spend some real time with the Wunderbar....I'm pretty sure my schedule of "one shave every 6 to 12-months" is absolutely not helping me with this particular razor.

Thanks for the answer guys! Tough choices. See i'm health care worker so got the save daily for like 3 days in a row than on my off day i don't really shave, then got to shave back. I have sensitive skin and lot's of beard growing in weird direction on the neck. I'm a little afraid of open comb don't want to be too harsh on skin...but the parker semi slant had trouble sometime even with a feather blade ( had do do lots of pass on the neck...) so i keep searching has some are hard to get by in Canada!

Top Bottom