What's new

Need help with shaving under the nose

Good evening all fellow shavers.

Can someone help me please? I am having some difficulty shaving the moustache area directly under my nose. I would like to know the best method for shaving the said area because no matter how hard I try, I keep ending up with missed areas in that location. A couple of times I have nicked my nose (don't laugh) doing this.

As always any help from you lot will be most appreciated.

Jason.

I've nicked my nose, my ear lobes, and even that thing in the middle of the ear. I doubt there's any place on my face that hasn't been nicked or cut over the years. I have to be particularly careful on the left side of my nose. I go N-S on the 1st pass, left to right, then right to left on the 2nd, and ATG to finish off. Just make sure any problem areas are moist and soaped up. Missed areas could also be the angle of the razor. Keep at it, you'll figure it out. We've all been there.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
For below the nose I start off buffing XTG with a very light touch then start turning the angle of the razor until im going ATG. At the start I got some irration because my touch was slightly to heavy but quickly got used to it. Now it get a BBS most times in that area. But sometimes going XTG left to right then right to left gives me the same result and I've no need for a clean up. Hope this makes sense.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Depending on the razor a person uses, I find a less arch on the top cap does help.
I have a moustache and I use the Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72 to work the nostril area , it is a fairly thin head, mid range and easy to reach areas where another razor would struggle with. The Lupo has the notched out corners and makes a person more aware the blade is and can make a little difference. Another good razor is the Schick injectors because they have a minimal head design to work that area also.
(L) RR Lupo .72.......................................................................................Schick injector E type
Razorock Lupo .72, 2021 #2.jpg
Schick E2 1937Pat  MFG 1930's &40,s(2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

My advice: (1) unless you are using a mild razor avoid going ATG. (2) Use your tongue to puff out areas that are hard to get. (3) Use your fingers to raise your nose and push it to the right or left.

Top Bottom