What's new

Need help with selecting my first decent super badger

I read the brush thread sticky so this should be relatively painless. I'm looking for a super badger brush in the 50 to 70 dollar range. I am just starting out, the only brush I have now is the pure badger that came with my V D H luxury set. I use soaps and lather in the bowl. I was eyeing the Vulfix 375 as I was after a brush with a 20 mm knot and 50 mm loft . Thanks in advance! Jeff

Seems like a great choice to me. Quality brush with a lathed handle, a little more loft than Simpsons for bowl lathering. Good knot, not a silvertip but not a scratchy pure either.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I can recommend shaverjoe from our forum, he is an artisan brush maker and his brushes are a great value and can fit your budget.

My two favorite bowl layering brushes are a Simpson Colonel X2L and SOC super badger. They are $69 and $95. Both have larger handles and excel with bowl lathering.

I went ahead and ordered the Vulfix 375s from W C S after reading a ton of threads and reviews. Thanks all for your input!

Keep in mind that super badger is not term that is recognized across the industry. Each brush manufacturer has their own set of names for knot grades that they offer. One approach would be look at which knot grades each manufacturer offers in your price range and then check B&B to see if the characteristics of that grade name suits what you are looking for. As an example, Simpson and Rooney carries brushes in your price range labeled "Best Badger", while Vulfix's brushes in your price range and named "Super Badger".

I was able to get a Simpson Colonel X2L for $59. It is a very good brush lathers soaps or creams and is soft on the face. Shop around a bit and you will get a good deal on one.

Where on earth did you pick one up so cheap? I've been looking for a deal but haven't found one that good yet.

I'm out of town this weekend and my brush is at home burning a hole in my mailbox. I got the tracking email yesterday, can't wait to get home and check it out tonight! I will post after I get my hands on it.

Top Bottom