What's new

Need help with my Stach

As the title says I need some help with my mustache. Ten years ago, I decided to shave my mustache and keep a clean shave look. Now, when my mustache grows or when I just do not have to be anywhere for a week or two. I get lazy and not shave, when I was using a shaving cartridge. Now, that I have have switch to DE shaving I've been shaving every other day. I have some spots which I know I can even out, that is not a problem. The problem is, I have thin hair, so I have a few hairs growing different ways and a few hairs bending upwards. From what I have read and YouTube, wax an combs would be my best friend. So, I picked up some Beard Baron wax. I started to use the wax once a day, unless I have to leave the house and keep the wax with me and reapply almost every hour. About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I nicked my stach. Said oh well and shaved clean. My hairs are about 1/2 in. long now. Starting tomorrow I am going to start using the wax again.

Anyways is there anything yall can think of that can help my thin hair stach grow the way I want it to? By the by, this 28 year old is trying to grow a Fu Manchu. I figured it would be fun to grow being asian and all.
If yall do not remember who Fu Manchu is:
$Fu-mancu-character.gif
but am not going to shave the center.

Last edited:
The only things other than what you are already doing that help are time and patience. Re-applying wax every hour maybe a bit excessive. I can't imagine needing to reapply any to mine more than an extra time late in the day, and even that is a rare thing. Granted, you may get more heat where you live that breaks it down faster after you have it in.

Firehouse Tacky is a great wax, it will last all day.

In the morning keep the container in your pocket to warm up and soften. Then apply with warm dry hands/fingers.

Firehouse Tacky is a great wax, it will last all day.

In the morning keep the container in your pocket to warm up and soften. Then apply with warm dry hands/fingers.
+1 this stuff is awesome. I have some hairs beneath my right nostril (is that tmi?) that have a hard time behaving without a strong wax. I've tried several Firehouse is definitely the best. I'm liking my Woodsmen a lot too.

I have red hair that is thin also. I made it through those short days with a lot of paste and Got2b glue. I now mostly used wax, Wacky Tacky is my favorite. I still have to wax or glue down the center hairs because they are no long enough to reach to handlebars. Try some paste sticks from the dollar store and glue that thing in place. I shouldn't come loose easily. Once is get's longer, then transition to Got2b glue. Then when ready to twist, I'd try wax.

Top Bottom