What's new

🙋 Need help with brushless cream (ideal for travelling) 🙋

One brushless cream I never seem to see mentioned is from Reuzel. I picked up a tin at a barbershop and once I got the hang of using it (the key is to keep it moist), I found it to be exceptionally slick and it left my skin feeling great. You can buy 1 oz. tins from their web site for just under $6 and I can get 10-12 shaves out of one tin. A little bit goes a long way.

I use and like two brands. One is Stephans smooth cream and the other is ProShave. Both deliver excellent results and do no cost an arm and a leg. I would ask my wife to commit me if I ever paid more than a few dollars for something to shave my face with.

Most creams can be used with or without a brush. I take a small synthetic brush with me for travel, but no bowl. I just face lather. The synthetic brush dries very fast. Shave sticks are also great for travel.

The other consideration is size. Biotique gel is a good small size for travel as it fits neatly in my quart sized ziploc bag. KMF travel size is another one that fits well. Cremo and many others are a bit long and can tear the bag.

Cella Crema Rapide ended up in my kit by mistake, but it is the best latherless cream I've used. No scent, thin and clear. Very slick. So many places we travel with hard water so I just go latherless for a few days. Only issue for me is I have to rinse it off very well or end up really dried out.

shortly before the pandemic hit I ran across a Cremo shave stick. I used it on a few trips and it worked great. TSA approved container, not messy, and slick as can be.

Before brush time I used cream from men-u and rituals. Most creams from a tube will work. You can use a washcloth to apply or a spongue or your hands. It works....
OTOH a stick of arko or tabac a cheap brush and face lathering works a lot nicer for me. And when I am desperate a travel can of proraso goo.

Method Men is VERY good! I believe the argan oil provides an amazing post shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use Palmolive cream when traveling. No brush. Have not liked any of the brushless creams I have tried.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pinaud Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream. Brushless product that you apply by hand. I use it as a pre-shave on my first pass. Has a nice mild barbershop scent.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
For me cremo gets sticky very fast. I have used Trader Joes Mango Honey non lathering cream, very wet, do half a face then the other.....I just rub it with my fingers and if needed add a bit of water. This thing is very very slick....
+1

Used Trader Joe’s Mango Honey non-lathering cream to shave in the shower for years. Love this stuff! More slippery than a peeled grape on a wet tiled floor. Only drawback for travel is it’s size, which is slightly larger than a toothpaste tube.

6AF1BA00-39D8-4FA6-A6B1-DA3AC010793A.jpeg

I recently bought the Trader's Joe's Shave cream for home use. This cream blows away the other creams I have in my cabinet, Cremo, Van Der Hagen, & Neutrogena & it only cost me $3.99! I love the scent of this cream & it's very easy to apply & more slippery than Cremo. Will continue to buy this cream & use regularly.

Brushless creams don’t agree with me. I pack a brush in a large pill bottle and take a good shaving cream with me. I got the bottle for free from my pharmacy and it’s served that purpose wonderfully for years.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Neutrogena makes an acceptable brushless, though these days I tend to pack an Arko stick and a synth brush when I travel. If I'm driving, I'll just pack whatever DE is up in my rotation, plus a blade or two. If I'm flying, I opt for a Gillette Good News disposable.

For brushless creams I really like the Shea Butter Enriched Pre de Provence shaving cream. The box it came in said to use a brush, but after looking at the cream I never did and don't plan to. It is very slick when I apply it to my wet face. I use the plain one with three birds on it. Not the bergamot and thyme one.

Top Bottom