What's new

Need help - Semogue SOC Finest Badger for bowl lathering (not two band)

Hi gents,

I want to buy my first badger brush and considering the Semogue SOC finest badger, not the two band version.

I was wondering how it will do for bowl lathering? I found info on the two band version but not the finest-only version.

Much appreciated

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
The Semogue SOC Finest is a two-band. I think they also have a three band brush, but never seen one.

The Semogue SOC Finest is a two-band. I think they also have a three band brush, but never seen one.
Thanks Rudy.

Checking their website and few others I was under the impression they have "finest only" brush, such as here: Semogue Owners Club Finest Badger Shaving Brush - Butterscotch Resin - Portuguese Factory - https://portuguesefactory.com/product/classicshaving/shavingbrushes/pincel-de-barba-semogue-owners-club-texugo-finest-resina-butterscotch/?lang=en

In oppose for $10 less brushes that specifically mention they are two band, such as:

Thanks Rudy.

Checking their website and few others I was under the impression they have "finest only" brush, such as here: Semogue Owners Club Finest Badger Shaving Brush - Butterscotch Resin - Portuguese Factory - https://portuguesefactory.com/product/classicshaving/shavingbrushes/pincel-de-barba-semogue-owners-club-texugo-finest-resina-butterscotch/?lang=en

In oppose for $10 less brushes that specifically mention they are two band, such as:
The link you posted is a brush with hair that has two bands. If Semogue calls it ‘Finest’ then that’s what it is. It is also two band badger hair. When someone calls a badger brush two band or three band they are simply counting the number of bands of colour, of which there are either two or three.

The link you posted is a brush with hair that has two bands. If Semogue calls it ‘Finest’ then that’s what it is. It is also two band badger hair. When someone calls a badger brush two band or three band they are simply counting the number of bands of colour, of which there are either two or three.
Thanks a lot!
Did not know that - I still have much to learn.

Is always either 2 or 3 bands with badger brushes? (other companies as well)

Thanks a lot!
Did not know that - I still have much to learn.

Is always either 2 or 3 bands with badger brushes? (other companies as well)
There is also Pure and Black Badger that don’t have that well defined bands and white top. They are conceived lower grades. Still you have to try them to see how like them.

Some specimens:

54DB7AEF-2BBB-4D52-B03A-9681BFD377B8.jpeg

79EEA7E0-6444-4255-985C-0117B42450EC.jpeg

AE834655-6F11-4C5D-864E-6D6943860B28.jpeg

Top Bottom