What's new

Need help preventing "bull horning"

Hey guys,
When I shaved my beard about a month ago, I decided to keep the moustache. I am able to get a fairly decent curl going, but I am running into an issue that I like to call "bull horning", where the tips of the curls start to curl outward resembling a bull's horn. I was hoping some of y'all may be able to give me some tips as to how to fix this problem. Thanks!

strop

Now half as wise
Not exactly sure what you mean, but there are many of us who do not have the nice natural curl working for us. In that case, Phenol has it. More wax. Many days I end up with more of an English style rather than a full curl.

I run into the same problem. I go back and forth on growing a handlebar. I'll do it for a while, then I'll get bored with the maintenance and trim it back. This time around I've gone for more of an English style just to avoid the "bull horning" problem.

Handlebars require maintenance. Curling and blow drying, waxing, primping and gluing...it's all part of rocking the full handlebar.

Use a hard hold wax. One that requires pre-warming the tin to scrape it out. Work it into the stache, and use a hair dryer to really melt it into the hairs before trying to shape it. If you need more, more, use more.

Some men find that even the strongest wax can't hold the 'stache in shape. Use Elmer's glue stick. It dries clear, is water soluble, and non-toxic. It also has almost no odor after drying, and can hold even the toughest stache in place.

I hesitate to recommend gels and hair spiking products as most of these are not intended to be used near the mouth. Eating and drinking can cause some of this stuff to get in your mouth and it isn't likely to taste good...and they may be slightly bad for ingestion in some cases...

Top Bottom