What's new

need help locating

Gents,
I have recently re-entered the brush market (who said SBAD?) and need some assistance. As I currently own some very nice silvertip brushes, I thought I might branch out a little bit and explore some of the other grades. When I ran across this Plisson,

full

I absolutely fell in love with the aesthetics of it. While this may be the very brush that I end up getting, I was wondering if you gents have seen any brushes with a similar bristle. If so, please post brands and/or links.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle said:
Gents,
I have recently re-entered the brush market (who said SBAD?) and need some assistance. As I currently own some very nice silvertip brushes, I thought I might branch out a little bit and explore some of the other grades. When I ran across this Plisson,

full

I absolutely fell in love with the aesthetics of it. While this may be the very brush that I end up getting, I was wondering if you gents have seen any brushes with a similar bristle. If so, please post brands and/or links.

Thanks,

I think Sam just purchased a similar Plisson.
Cheers, DJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not so much hung up on the Plisson name as I am on that black bristle. If I can't find anyone else offering this type of knot, however, I will probably end up getting the Plisson.

S

Sam

Lees razors has a black hair badger. The plisson in size 12 black runs about $60 less 20% at atkinsons

sam

Thanks, Sam. I knew that I'd seen some other black bristled brushes somewhere. Still, it seems like there was one other place, and I just can't remember who had them.

Probably not on the same level of quality of the plisson...
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320007776705

But quite inexpensive and dark haired as you wanted...

I suggest that SBAD affected members keep an eye on the guy's auctions,he seems to pop out nice stuff at affordable prices (or quite, the manchurian Simpson PL14 that ended tonight at 170 UKP may be a bargain but still too much for my pockets).

fatpig said:
Probably not on the same level of quality of the plisson...
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320007776705

But quite inexpensive and dark haired as you wanted...

I suggest that SBAD affected members keep an eye on the guy's auctions,he seems to pop out nice stuff at affordable prices (or quite, the manchurian Simpson PL14 that ended tonight at 170 UKP may be a bargain but still too much for my pockets).
Very interesting. I'll certainly keep an eye on this and this seller's future auctions.

Great stuff, men. Keep them coming.

Yes, I'll take one of each!

Seriously, if I pull the trigger on one of these pure, black bristled beauties, right now it's looking like either the facet-handled Plisson or maybe the one from Lee's. I like the looks of the Plisson better, but if I go with the cheaper brush from Lee's, I can justify getting a Merkur Long Handle.

Kyle said:

Seriously, if I pull the trigger on one of these pure, black bristled beauties, right now it's looking like either the facet-handled Plisson or maybe the one from Lee's. I like the looks of the Plisson better, but if I go with the cheaper brush from Lee's, I can justify getting a Merkur Long Handle.

There's an old phrase applicable here; "Buy cheap buy twice". I'm not saying that the Lee's one is inferior BUT I would really want the Plisson or I'd end up with it anyway.

Kyle said:

Kyle.......If you buy the Plisson and decide that you don't care for it, i'm reasonably certain that you'd be able to resell it much easier than the cheaper brush. Of course, i'm partial to Plisson brushes.

Good points John and Steve.

I've got to think about this one a little bit more before I'm ready to make a decision.

knoxcigar carries several Muehle-Pinsel black badger brushes. Excellent quality & price...I've given several as gifts & everybody loves them.

They also carry some black Col Conk (like below):

proxy.php

Top Bottom