What's new

Need help identifying travel razor

My limited information has the Koenig brand razor being manufactured starting in 1920 in Germany. And my information also mentions that the manufacturer may have actually been Gillette! I'm including a shot of one with a slightly different handle design.

proxy.php

Maybe Tom can chime in with Waits' info, if any exists.

Mine has the same handle but different case. I couldn't find any info online, other than getting links back to here.

Found one of these while cleaning up on the farm. Was in a cupboard along with a damaged straight, DE blade sharpening glass (with blade holder) and some armor piercing ammunition from WWII...

Mine has no plating and the screw for attaching the handle has fallen out.

Anybody have a good way of reattaching it? Will get pics up later.

Sverre

Pics:

proxy.php

Might bring it to work and replate it if I fix the loose screw.

Fixed the screw (at least for now) and polished it up a bit:

proxy.php

Last edited:
all three are different sizes and one is much smaller than the rest.

I'll have to get some pix when SWMBO gets back from Samoa.

The restore in my post above shaves wonderfully even though modern blades are a bit tight. So this will be my travel razor from now on:thumbup1:

Don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but it answered my question. I was wondering about this Old Type from my jar of razors:

View attachment 104909

View attachment 104911

And in post http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=966399&postcount=12, Guido mentions "PF" and there it is stamped on the head above "Made in Germany" (why doesn't it say Hergestellt in Deutschland?").

The silver plating on the handle is in very good shape, but the head has taken some blows.

Thank you very much Guido! I just did a search, you did the research.

-jim

One more resurrection for this thread. I have no knowledge to add, but I do have a new pic. And like some of the others, there are no markings what so ever.
It is a nice little razor though. I'll have to take her for a spin and see how she shaves.
$uploadfromtaptalk1410567848637.jpg

I was going to initiate a thread on Hoffritz when I saw this one here. I just got this razor at a flea market in mint condition for 10 bucks. I was wondering if anyone knows the age of this, it seems that it could be from the 50's ?
It says Hoffritz NY Made in Germany.
$IMG_0759.jpg

Silly question but I have just bought one on ebay but can't figure out how to extract the inner handle tube. Any thoughts?

Silly question but I have just bought one on ebay but can't figure out how to extract the inner handle tube. Any thoughts?
Is it stuck or is it missing? If it is stuck, that suggests it’s been screwed in backwards. Pictures would help.
I bought one that was so tightly screwed together I had to use a combination mixture of wd-40 and Marvels Mystery Oil and 2 pipe wrenches to loosen it.

Found the solution. It was in the correct way around but simply stuck. I screwed the head into the recessed socket, tightened it then loosed it a quarter turn which freed the centre section.

Hi all,

I'd like to add a couple of photograph of a (unknown maker) Razor I purchased this past weekend. I realize this is an old thread however, it may prove useful to B&B members. My Razor looks a lot like the photo in post #23. The handle is different but the Head looks to be the same having fourteen Teeth. The lil' metal case is a bit different in the inside, otherwise, the case looks pretty close as well. On the side of my case is the word : GERMANY.
The Razor has NO markings whatsoever. I suspect the inside top cover of the case lining ONCE had writing (I'm not sure) but, I think I can somewhat make out that, at one time, there was writing.

upload_2019-6-10_20-39-39.png

upload_2019-6-10_20-40-17.png

SixCats!

Here's another with what looks like the same handle as in the original post. It is listed as a Fraenkel with no info on manufacturer or date.

proxy.php
I have a razor thats looks like the one in the pic but mine has made in Germany and hoffritz stamped on the plate.

Bringing this thread back to life as I picked up one of these earlier in the week. I thought it was a Gillette Old Type travel razor but some googling tells me that these were made in German too.
IMG_20220211_091225.jpg
IMG_20220211_091247.jpg

It has no markings on it at all so any way to tell how old it was. The guy I bought it from also sold me a short comb good plated New and said they were with stuff of his grandmother's. The New is probably from the 30's but anyone know how old this other one might be.
Also anyone use one? What are they like. And any suggestions for cleaning up that little case. I scrubbed it with dawn which helped a bit.

Top Bottom