Need help identifying this baseplate, or razor ? PERFECTOR Breveté SGDG

Hi there !

I found this baseplate, marked :

"PERFECTOR"
Breveté S.G.D.G.

$IMG_2941.jpg

$IMG_2940.jpg

$IMG_2942.jpg

So, does someone know anything about this razor ? I found the baseplate alone, so I have no idea if it was sold as is or if it came from an entire razor. My few searches on the web didn't help me at all. Maybe you could ?

Any ways thanks for your attention !

Can't help with ID, but that's cool looking. Lots of machining there. Good luck on your quest for information.

Breveté SGDG », abréviation de sans garantie

means

"Patented SGDG " stands for without government guarantees

Hi gents, thanks ! I haven't found anything else other than what you kindly added. But ! I've seen an identical baseplate sold alone on ebay a few weeks ago, so it helps the "this was originally sold as an alone item" theory...

Breveté SGDG is the name for a patent as in France was up to the year 1968th The term stands for "Breveté Sans guarantee you Gouvernement" and translates as: "Patent no guarantee of the government" .
Many countries maintained over many years for a system of registration by simple formal examination determined. It was believed to be free from any liability. For example, sees in France, the Act of 1844, that the patents "without prior examination, at the risk of the applicant and with no guarantee of function, novelty and merit of the invention with regard to the precision or accuracy of the description" will be exhibited.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breveté_S.G.D.G.

So that part isn't very useful in looking it up. :001_huh:

Oh you got this one ! Nice ! After all this time I still haven't found a clue. I'm no prety sure this baseplate was sold alone, because I've seen several but always with different handles and top caps, but that's it.

Oh you got this one ! Nice ! After all this time I still haven't found a clue. I'm no prety sure this baseplate was sold alone, because I've seen several but always with different handles and top caps, but that's it.
A little bump for a marvelous shaver!
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'll sell them at one point ^^ And use one of course. Just haven't thought about it. I have too many things have trouble picking my gear for each shave :D

Haha indeed !

I have met Renzo Jardella in the meantime (maybe the biggest collector in the world), and he didn't know it... Back to square one :D

I really think it was sold and marketed as a lone baseplate, to give a different feel to the razor you already have.

Top Bottom