What's new

Need help identifying straight razor

I reacently aquired this straight razor, but I can not find any info on it.
Does anyone have any clue about it?
stari-antikvarni-predratni-brijac-sa-intarzijom_slika_O_319426033.jpg
stari-antikvarni-predratni-brijac-sa-intarzijom_slika_O_319426057.jpg
stari-antikvarni-predratni-brijac-sa-intarzijom_slika_O_319426061.jpg

Thank you very much.
I will do some cleaning and polishing today. After honing I will tell you results.
Didn't expect that, but very glad with find.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Indications it's Maybe John Shepherd, England, ca 1770-1795 ish.
There are examples out there very similar if you google "Shepherd Warranted".

Razor is cleaned, polished and honed on Naniwa 1,3,8 and 12K. It could be better polished, but I did not want to remove much of material.
Shaves very well. Almost BBS in two passes. Almost, because i was a little afraid using this shape of razor for the first time.

I would like to thank everybody for help on identifying this razor.

Hello everyone,
A few months ago I received a very old straight razor, which I have so far tried to find out who made the razor. So far I couldn't find anything at all. The previous owner told me that it dates from around 1820 and that it is still in original condition. I would be happy if someone can help me.
Thanks in advance.

S&5 stars_0001.jpg
S&5 stars_0002.jpg

Razor is cleaned, polished and honed on Naniwa 1,3,8 and 12K. It could be better polished, but I did not want to remove much of material.
Shaves very well. Almost BBS in two passes. Almost, because i was a little afraid using this shape of razor for the first time.

I would like to thank everybody for help on identifying this razor.
One thing to watch for when shaving with a razor like that is your thumb placement. It's easy to push it up too far and find it on the blade and not the shank. I have a couple of these and they are great shavers. Just watch that thumb!

Top Bottom