What's new

Need help identifying old Gillette razor

I was at an antique store recently and found this razor that seems to be in good shape. Problem is I don't know what it is.

The cap has Gillette engraved on it. The top of the baseplate says PAT. NOS. ON PACKAGE. The bottom of the baseplate says REG US, PAT OFF, GILLETTE, and MADE IN USA. There isn't a date code.

Box and Razor.jpg

Razor Parts.jpg

My guess it looks like a 1940's-50's tech possibly...looks super purdy man!! i just realized it's got a diffent box ughhhh lol...anyways something close to this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210621-100955_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210621-100955_Chrome.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
That's a fat handle Tech, but the box is for a Gillette New.
Mismatch.

This is the razor that comes with that box.

Thanks to Mr Razor for the pic.
1930s NEW Colgate-Palmolive Set.jpg

I was at an antique store recently and found this razor that seems to be in good shape. Problem is I don't know what it is.

The cap has Gillette engraved on it. The top of the baseplate says PAT. NOS. ON PACKAGE. The bottom of the baseplate says REG US, PAT OFF, GILLETTE, and MADE IN USA. There isn't a date code.

View attachment 1284683

View attachment 1284684

I have one just like that. My best guess, as @Mattybo points out, is that it is a 1947-50 fat handle Tech. Enjoy!

Haha..bloody good team work fella's!! I'm still pretty new to the vintage gillette scene myself.I'd hate to think how many times I've hit up mr razor!!😂🤣😂actually....i have a couple razors I'm having trouble figuring out what they are at home,i might post them after work..I'd appreciate any help ay

It is a soft and efficient Gillette Tech with a gold finish. Works great with an aggressive feather type blade in my opinion. I have a pink top plate.

Gold fat handle Tech is a great mild efficient shaver my daily driver for over a year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

View attachment 1284683

View attachment 1284684
I love Techs. I have done much "experimentation" on them. Bwaahaaahaha! It's Alive!
IMG_0486.JPG

Dragon Tech Radioactive.JPG

Top Bottom