What's new

Need Help Identifying an Aristocrat

Can anyone help me identify which specific model of Aristocrat this is? Thanks so much for any help!

proxy.php

Model 16 or 66 might be a good starting point. Show us the baseplate. If it is solid then it might be a 16 , if it has the beveled diamond pattern then maybe a 66.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Model 16 or 66 might be a good starting point. Show us the baseplate. If it is solid then it might be a 16 , if it has the beveled diamond pattern then maybe a 66.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I tried my best to find it on Mr. Razor but the case didn't match anything.

proxy.php

Its a #22/#66 in a mismatch case for an older Aristocrat.
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm still new at this. I'm trying to get a "nice" vintage razor. What would the approximate value of this razor be? I'm just looking for a very rough estimate. I understand it's hard to have a detailed estimate without more pictures or information. Also, what does the 22/66 mean? Are these models interchangeable? Thanks again! I'm really trying to avoid overpaying or getting a razor I'll be unhappy with.

R

romsitsa

Hello, 22 and 66 are set numbers (case+razor+blades). Your case belongs to a first gen British Aristocrat (No 15). The razor belongs to a No 22 or No 66 set, as it’s a fourth gen Aristocrat.
For an estimate, you can check sold items on ebay.

Adam

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm still new at this. I'm trying to get a "nice" vintage razor. What would the approximate value of this razor be? I'm just looking for a very rough estimate. I understand it's hard to have a detailed estimate without more pictures or information. Also, what does the 22/66 mean? Are these models interchangeable? Thanks again! I'm really trying to avoid overpaying or getting a razor I'll be unhappy with.
B&B frowns upon appraisals/valuation questions but what I can tell you is it appears to be in very good to excellent condition from the photos. It is a mild shaver so if you don't mind that you will love it but if your preference is for an aggressive razor then it might not be for you. Hope this helps.

Notice that the case doesn't have "Made in England" or "Importe d'Angleterre" - interesting...

R

romsitsa

Take a look at British New Deluxe sets, these also come with or without “made in” stamp. UK supplied the Middle East, Europe, Australia, etc. the lack of the stamp could be related to the target market of these sets.

Adam

I believe they are for different target markets, too, Adam - Bell Tube Aristos also come mind, as do others. I've only seen two #15s, though, so I'd like to see more.

Top Bottom