What's new

Need help identifying a razor

First of all, you would say hi to the whole B&B community. I've been in the DE world for now about 5 months, and my technique increase day by day as I follow all the tips I read here.

At this time, I'm trying different style of head (fixed, opencomb, adjustable) and I've bought a very old opencomb razor thinking it's was a Gillette old type.

But when i got it yesterday, I've seen there's no Gillette logo on the head, only one mention "english made". Nevertheless, he exactly look the same as this one and had 2 smalls cracks in the handle so the top and the ball tail can be removed.

Can you help me ? I can only post some pics tonight when i get back from work.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for support mr razor

Here is some pics of the beast

proxy.php

proxy.php

Any idea ?

Welcome to B&B....
That is a Gillette Old Type, Give it a good cleaning and polishing then give it a go. It's a fine shaver. Enjoy it!!!

Thanks all, so it might be a very old razor as there's no Gillette logo on it :eek: I'm going to give him a good clean this weekend. Hope I can make something. I will post some pics after the clean.

If you want it to look like this one:

proxy.php

I can replate it for you, if you like - but use it for a while first and make sure you like it.

Hope you enjoy your new 'old' razor :001_smile

Thanks all, so it might be a very old razor as there's no Gillette logo on it :eek: I'm going to give him a good clean this weekend. Hope I can make something. I will post some pics after the clean.

Thanks onotoman, i will consider your offer if i enjoy the razor. Here he comes after a good cleaning. Can't wait to test it :w00t:

proxy.php

Looks like it says "English Made" on the bottom. Any other identifying marks?

It looks beautiful. I have a US version of the same razor.

BTW, I LOVE your FZ avatar. Welcome to the site, and enjoy your shaves!

I love Mantics videos! Easily found on YouTube, they are the best instruction to wetshaving anywhere. Plus his production values are impressively high. And they're funny, too!

Top Bottom