What's new

Need help figuring out which Super Max blades are best-If Any

I've noticed there quite a few different blades in the Super Max Line, ,
and one thIng I always do before trying new blades is get as many B&B members opinions and,,
analysis as possible,, I see good prices on The super max blades,,
Longevity is not an issue I'm want to know which line is the Sharpest of the bunch. ..
Blue Diamond Titanium , or if there's is a Titanium that's not Blue Diamond and what the opinion, ,
on the different Sun Rise if there's more than one type, I want to try the Sharpest Super Max out there, ,
if some one could make a comparison based on their experience I understand YMMV , however, ,
I value the Wealth of Knowledge and experience on B&B to much to let the YMMV thing get in the way. .
Thanks Everyone. .

I've tried Super-Max Stainless, Super Stainless and Blue Diamond in samplers
The only one I liked was the Blue Diamond, but I didn't buy any because I got 100 Bic Chrome Platinum for less money instead
I gave up on the Stainless after 2 un-enjoyable days and the Super Stainless after 3 very mediocre days

I have a pack of the super max platinum and the blue diamond. The platinum is smoother and better for me than the blue diamond but neither works great for my face

Many Thanks to [MENTION=108689]adamchur[/MENTION] and [MENTION=113829]MSauce[/MENTION] for the interesting and informative review it's gonna be,,a while before I order a Sampler Pack,, I'm Nuts for blades and get Pure Enjoyment out of trying new ones,,So I'll just keep the research going, there are so many different versions of Super Max and that makes the research, ,Fun for Me....

I tried the Super-Max and Super Stainless and liked them. I went on to buy 100 of them when they were available for a good price. They gave me a good shave. Good sharpness and effective.

The Super-Max line can be confusing, they make a lot of different blades with similar names.

I've tried Super Max Platinums and Super Platinums. I like the Super Platinums much more.

Thanks cw62803 your opinion seems to match the Majority of what I'm seeing all over ,,
the internet concerning the Super Max Platinum line, think I'll grab a few tucks of Super Plats..
Thanks Again. ..

One thing is for sure, Super Max products are very inexpensive and they perform better than their price suggests.
I got some Super Max shave cream in a tube for 89p. It wasn't Truefitt and Hill, but it wasn't rubbish either.
The Super Max blades that I tried were Super Platinum, again perfectly good and cheap as chips.

I tried the Super-Max and Super Stainless and liked them. I went on to buy 100 of them when they were available for a good price. They gave me a good shave. Good sharpness and effective.

The Super-Max line can be confusing, they make a lot of different blades with similar names.

Thanks [MENTION=10312]homh[/MENTION] , while looking through some of the older threads I see that folks were getting the,,
the so-called Premium version of the Super Stainless ( Green & Yellow Pack ) at really good price points, ,
they have since been discontinued and on ebay selling for more than my beloved GSB'S so I probably, ,
won't even bother trying them, because if I like them I'll end-up wanting a 100 bulk ... Too Many really, ,
great blades at better price points,, for it to make sense to me...

And the Blue Diamond Titanium has been discontinued, haven't seen any bulk 100 floating around. ..
I don't think I'll be messing around with the over priced tucks...
Research is completed. ...I'll just keep my eyes open for an eventual conclusion,, in what'll probably, ,
be the distant future. ..Oh well it's certainly no big deal. ..
Thanks for everyone's input. ...

And the Blue Diamond Titanium has been discontinued, haven't seen any bulk 100 floating around. ..
I don't think I'll be messing around with the over priced tucks...
Research is completed. ...I'll just keep my eyes open for an eventual conclusion,, in what'll probably, ,
be the distant future. ..Oh well it's certainly no big deal. ..
Thanks for everyone's input. ...

The Super Max Super Blue Diamond Titanium (longest name for a blade?) is in stock at Connaught Shaving for less than £10 for 200,

The Super Max Super Blue Diamond Titanium (longest name for a blade?) is in stock at Connaught Shaving for less than £10 for 200,

I looked at their website/stock yesterday afternoon before I posted anything, , I'm going over there right now,,
and see if I can find the listing you're referring to,, because that's just what I'm was looking for and thats a a great, ,
Price, ,, I didn't see it yesterday or I would've ordered them on the spot...Sure hope I can find that listing....
Thank You so much [MENTION=113749]zoidberg[/MENTION]

Ok I found the Super Max Titanium blades at Connaught at a Very Good Price and was more than happy to Place an order...
Many Thanks to [MENTION=113749]zoidberg[/MENTION].....

The best for me are Super Platinum and Blue Diamond Titanium. Both out of production. Blue Diamond Titanium are however much cheaper and easier to get ahold of. Bought 200 from a certain British seller on the bay for 15 pounds. A pack of 100 Super Platinum can now set you back about 50 USD with delivery and there are very few sellers that still have them. Diamond Edge is another good one, much milder. Still being produced, but only available from three Indian sellers. Blue Diamond Platinum are rough and take several shaves to smooth out. Even though I am fan of their blades, buying 295 Blue Diamond Platinum instead of 100 Super Platinum, which were available from razorbladesclub back then, was a mistake.

I can't count how many varieties I have used and have. There are 1 or 2 discontinued models that I haven't used - The Sunrise and the Tiger. But the sharpest out of them all are the Super-Max Diamond Edge. The dullest would be probably the Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium, slight tugging even in the R41.
There is a new blade called Super-Max Titanium, will have to try it.

Top Bottom