What's new

Need help clarifying this item

Welcome! :biggrin:

Thats a funky looking TECH I never saw that style before, don't mean that its not an original anyway the handle is less important than the hand holding it. heres some reading for you to get started.

newbie to newbie-click here

leisure guy

kYLE

I agree that the TECH is a great razor to start with I use one all the time.
Keep posting!

Thanks for your welcome and links, I've already read those before posting :D. I lurked for a whole day here, but what wonders me is. Why does everyone use soap/cream instead (brush and cup) of shaving foam (spray can)?

pokkuhlag said:
Thanks for your welcome and links, I've already read those before posting :D. I lurked for a whole day here, but what wonders me is. Why does everyone use soap/cream instead (brush and cup) of shaving foam (spray can)?

Goo in a can is very inferior to the quality of the soaps and creams that are available , the brush as well as being the creative tool for the lather is also the applicator- correct use of the brush will both make your shave better and more pleasant as well as more efficient.

full

Is number one in this pic also a Gillette Tech? I see that one a lot on ebay without a name.

Last edited by a moderator:
pokkuhlag said:

Most of the members of this and other forums will admit that althought the razor is important, the item that improved their shave the most was a brush and good quality cream or soap.

It does not have to be expensive. You can purchase a good quality Omega Boar Bristle Brush for around $12, also a high quality cream can often times be found for less than $10, soap is usually even cheaper.

Well, my first question is answered. New questions have rosen, but I'll experience first hand if foam is good enough for me. My reason to use foam is because I'm a lazy guy. The less to clean or to apply, the better for me. It's too early to tell what I'm going to do, but I am gonna try the foam with Merkur Long Handle Classic first.

Israeli's, but those won't come till next week. So probably the merkur blade first, even though it's not recommended :p.

I've just read the cream and soap forum about how to make the foam. The cream method was boring and too much work. The soap method sounds interesting (rubbing your face agressively and brushing your face), gonna buy some shaving soap and a brush to find out if that method actually works :) just for fun.

Top Bottom