What's new

Need help clarifying this item

Wing,

No that I really recommend this, but if you go with foam, I strongly suggest Nivea Sensitive gel. I used edge and gillette for years, but try the Nivea shortly before switching to brushed creams. I found it far superior to the other two. About as good (don't stone me please....) as a so-so brushed cream.

If you are trying to go fast and easy, though, there are a couple of other options. One is the shave stick. This is a form of shaving soap, but the application is faster than others, I find, because you just rub the soap all over your face (kind like a deoderant stick, but try not to mix them up...), and then work it into a lather on your face with a brush. Faster and easier than using a bowl. QEDusa.com makes some really good shaving sticks. Really really good.

The other option is a brushless cream. You just squirt these on your fingers and rub onto your face. Same procedure as canned goo, but the products are better. It is a little different experience, because these do not foam or lather really. The Body Shop cream is supposed to be excellent brushless. I have also found Cremo-cream (obtained from cremo-cream.com or classic shaving) to be really good this way.

Good luck. And btw, sooner or later you are going to get sucked into the whole mess, and the above advice will become moot. Just to let you know.

Well guys, my starters kit is complete today and I just had my first DE shave using the included merkur blade. A bit scary at first, when I was testing it on my arm dry. But when I soaped up my face it was less scary and I'm still in one piece :D. I did two runs and stopped before I get too greedy. There are some bad shaved places, near the nose and the chin area. It's hard to asses the right angle there. Also the first foam/lather went dry on me before I could finish the first run, I did use the hot towel to soak my face first. The lathering probably was too thin?
But being my first time, I'm happy with the results. Can't wait for the other stuff to come. I bought a Gillette Tech yesterday on ebay and some Israeli blades, going to try to win a Gillette adjustable and some Derby blades.

See here my starters kit:

http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=55490&postcount=42

Edit: Forgot to mention I used aftershave from old spice.

full

Nice! Way to go Wing! :biggrin:

Is that an open comb razor?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the 25C and at the dutch website it said 23C had no comb and the 25C had no description about the comb. So I thought 25C was safer, but after your question I checked out the two in classive shaving and found out it is the open comb version which is less safe, a little buying mistake which I don't regret. Here are two zoomed in pics:

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom