What's new

Need Help choosing a Shavemac

My new Shavemac finally arrived. I've used it I think 3 times so far. It's got quite a bit more backbone than I've experienced, and it's not quite as soft as I expected. It's really nice as is, but I have a feeling it will soften and develop more splay with use.

DSC03815.jpg

I'm assuming there's a bit of a break-in period.
I have a couple shavemac knots- all great brushes. Is that your first 2-band? The first time i face lathered with a shavemac 2 band i didn't quite know what all the fuss is about, and i still don't know why people think 2-bands are better and must command a higher price. I like them, but i've come to grips with the reality that they're just different, very good, but different. The tips are soft but depending on how you use it you'll get a different face feel because the hairs are significantly thicker than the 3 band knots. I've had mine for a while now and they haven't changed much in how they feel on my face, but my expectations of them have changed.

I have a couple shavemac knots- all great brushes. Is that your first 2-band? The first time i face lathered with a shavemac 2 band i didn't quite know what all the fuss is about, and i still don't know why people think 2-bands are better and must command a higher price. I like them, but i've come to grips with the reality that they're just different, very good, but different. The tips are soft but depending on how you use it you'll get a different face feel because the hairs are significantly thicker than the 3 band knots. I've had mine for a while now and they haven't changed much in how they feel on my face, but my expectations of them have changed.
First 2 band. It is very different from my other 2 brushes which are Simpson's Best Badger. They are less dense, more splayed. They pick up and hold lather very well for face lathering, but they're not so great about releasing it. This brush is kind of the opposite. I like it, but I see there will be an adjustment period, both for me and also maybe way the brush breaks in over time.

They pick up and hold lather very well for face lathering, but they're not so great about releasing it. This brush is kind of the opposite. I like it, but I see there will be an adjustment period, both for me and also maybe way the brush breaks in over time.
The Shavemac release the lather easily? I don’t like when the brush hold the lather.

Top Bottom