What's new

Need Help choosing a Shavemac

If I go with a 22 mm 2 band silvertip fan: standard 48mm loft or 46mm like the Beagle? Does the shorter height make it slightly better for face lathering?
I think so but am not sure. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

I was on the fence and a bit confused, too. Been wet shaving forever but just recently started getting into the intricacies. B&B has been great.

I think you should do what I did:

Send an email to Shavemac. State your shaving style and what you’ve already used. Say that you think you want the 22mm /46 or 48mm 2band Silvertip fan but aren’t sure. Would they have a recommendation?

Bernd got back to me quickly with what I am about to do my second shave with, this morning. It’s perfect. Whatever he recommends: go for it.

If I go with a 22 mm 2 band silvertip fan: standard 48mm loft or 46mm like the Beagle? Does the shorter height make it slightly better for face lathering?
The two inches less in loft makes for a stronger backbone, while the Silvertip ensures that it is still very soft. I personally like this configuration quite a bit.

The layout for the Beagle was to make it a bit scrubby with good backbone. As @CJB3 said using Silvertip even at a reduced loft will make it bloom wider as the same knot in 2 Band whilst having softer tips.

I think you should do what I did:

Send an email to Shavemac. State your shaving style and what you’ve already used. Say that you think you want the 22mm /46 or 48mm 2band Silvertip fan but aren’t sure. Would they have a recommendation?

Bernd got back to me quickly with what I am about to do my second shave with, this morning. It’s perfect. Whatever he recommends: go for it.
Best advice so far...I wish I would have thought to tell you this in my previous post. I have corresponded with Bernd, the owner, in the past, and he has been very helpful.

^ makes sense. Thanks everyone! I'm too stingy to get both... or am I?
I ordered two different look Rocca razors from Muhle. Figured I’d return the one that felt less comfy in my hand. I’ve still got and use both. They’re great!

I honestly never knew that shaving could be such a treat.

Went with this one. I couldn't decide if I liked one handle shape better then the others, they're all so nice, so I went with the in stock model that had the size knot and hair I wanted. Saved a few dollars that way.
Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 12.09.42 PM.png

wimbouman, you've got me rethinking my hard won decision. That handle didn't look so great in the configurator menu, but it's probably my favorite now that I see the photo. Might have to change.

wimbouman, you've got me rethinking my hard won decision. That handle didn't look so great in the configurator menu, but it's probably my favorite now that I see the photo. Might have to change.
Glad you like it.
I think it looks great indeed and ecpect the ergonomics to be top notch.

Glad you like it.
I think it looks great indeed and expect the ergonomics to be top notch.
My Shavemac (handle shape #120) 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band Fan is (currently) my all time favorite brush. An ergonomic lather monster.

Shavemac-20-46-Silvertip-2-Band-Pu_2022-03-09.jpg
:001_wub:

Top Bottom