What's new

Need help, BIG boars, jaguar or shave factory

I've been looking and looking for an actual jaguar branded boar brush, the biggest they
make. I recently got a shave factory boar that has the letter "S" on the handle, after researching this means small model (duhhh right, never claimed to be smart:) I bought it off amazon marketed as a jaguar 1071, and after recieving it, it wasnt as big as I heard from other posts, so I did research. I found on razors direct website a shave factory "Large" brush, but when u hit the thumbnail pic to make it bigger it shows a letter "M" on the handle.....now I'm no rocket scientist, but I would assume that stands for Medium, correct?

ANYWAYS:
Im not interested in any of the brushes on Bestshave.com site, as they are horse hairs only. But I know for a fact jaguar makes a brush to the specs of the bestshave #1 horse hair, with specs of 29mm knot x 70mm loft. Yes I know that is huge and that is what I want, I love my omega 20106 but I want bigger, and yes I know omega makes a 20107, and the 48 pro. Does anybody have links to where I can buy either:

1. Shave factory boar brush in large or x-large (should have a L or XL) on the handle.
2. Jaguar boar brush, the biggest model of course. (is it the 1071?) not 100% sure.

Links are greatly appreciated here is the only link I found but as I said before its described as a large but has a "M" on the handle.
http://www.razorsdirect.com/catalog/item/7409119/9201925.htm

Thanks soooo much for any help!!!! :)

I've been wanting a Jaguar 1073 (small) for quite some time, but will most likely have to settle for the Medium size unless I can find the same model you did off Amazon.

I think the small has a 50mm loft, and medium is 55mm.

Can you confirm the size of the loft on your Shaving Factory small?

I've been wanting a Jaguar 1073 (small) for quite some time, but will most likely have to settle for the Medium size unless I can find the same model you did off Amazon.

I think the small has a 50mm loft, and medium is 55mm.

Can you confirm the size of the loft on your Shaving Factory small?
This is where I bought mine from its a shave factory, but says jaguar on the listing. But mine says "S" on the handle, plus they send a stick of arko and a 5 Pk of Derbys for free. I'm not sure if it's equivalent to the 1073, but I'm sure it's not a 1071 either.

Heres a link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002673UT8/ref=mp_s_a_2?qid=1342470659&sr=8-2

Honestly, I've got a big oversized Jaguar (or did) and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. It liked to suck up lather like crazy, but you ended up having to squeeze it out to get it to let go of any lather. I go so annoyed with it that I ended up trimming it down. Honestly after about 3-4 days of conditioning, it lathers faster and better than ever before, and not that much more rough than it was when I first got it. Makes me think it was probably a clipped boar in the first place.

Honestly, I've got a big oversized Jaguar (or did) and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. It liked to suck up lather like crazy, but you ended up having to squeeze it out to get it to let go of any lather. I go so annoyed with it that I ended up trimming it down. Honestly after about 3-4 days of conditioning, it lathers faster and better than ever before, and not that much more rough than it was when I first got it. Makes me think it was probably a clipped boar in the first place.
What site did u get it from?

Shaving Factory. Well actually amazon with shaving factory as the marketplace seller, but yeah. I'd much prefer one of the big honkin' horsehair brushes to a cheap boar though.

Mine was actually the XL Brush, but they don't sell it there. Probably stopped selling it because it was too huge to be usable.

I recommend one of the monster Omega brushes instead as they are not splayed out like jaguar brushes.

Last edited:
Ok so I found a shave factory large brush in the US, I emailed the vendor and told him my concerns of how the brush is labeled as a "large SF" but the picture shows a "M" for medium on the handle, he assured me this was a large model brush, and it was just a bad picture. So I will order it and let you all know, when it arrives!!!
Here's the link:

http://www.razorsdirect.com/catalog/item/7409119/9201925.htm

Top Bottom