What's new

Need Bicycle Model Suggestions

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Felt's VR series have more of a touring set up. I have a VR5, it would not work for you in it's current configuration but if you could change the geometry it may be worth looking at. My back cannot take leaning way over and the reach and stack on these bikes is very ergonomic. Felt gives you a lot of bike for the money.

Maybe I missed it, but surprised no one mentioned the Trek Verve. More upright riding than traditional, I even raised the handle bars on mine. 700x45c wheels are super easy rolling. The price tag ( < $700 ) for the Verve 3 is well under your minimum, so maybe the components are little lower than you'd like but you could upgrade those I would think.

For something different, take a look at the Moulton SST. It has 20” wheels, but uses a standard road drivetrain, is a skinny tire road bike, but can easily be modified for upright handlebars. It is very versatile and can be separated into two halves to fit into a trunk. It does have front and rear suspension, although it is definitely a road bike, and the suspension really does reduce fatigue and increase comfort.

Top Bottom