What's new

Need Alternatives To: Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm

Hello everyone:
A few days ago I opened a discussion and a lot of people told me to try the: Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm. i tried it and i dont like it...
I have a lot of humidity in my country and this aftershave not really suitable for my climate, within a few minutes all my face sweated without any physical effort.
so now i am looking for another options: aftershave balm for sensitive which prone to razor bumps and burn, and not really sticky and does not cause to much sweating.
Thanks ! :)

In summer I tend to use more the Proraso sensitive (white) balm, which is a bit less oily than the Nivea, because it's somehow less likely to resurface with sweating.
But if you live in a really warm and humid country there's no guarantee it will be much better than the Nivea, I'm afraid..

If recommend Stirling balm, Ursa Major face balm (expensive). Also executive Shaving company balm is nice.

I think you’ll find Proraso very similar to Nivea.

Have you considered a pre / post shave cream in stead of a balm? Something like 3P, Proraso, or even Prep. All are thicker than a balm and get soaked right into the skin. Both 3P and Prep have host of other uses too, smell nice and are cooling on the skin. Ive been using 3P for a few years now and have no complaints.

M

Member 113878

What about just Thayers WH?
Makes a great aftershave and differents scents are available. (as well as unscented)
Available in alcohol and alcohol-free.
Available in Astringent and Toner.

Makes a great aftershave and differents scents are available. (as well as unscented)

It can also be scented with essential oils to create any scent profile you wish. This what I do and use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Member 113878

Great stuff indeed.
I always have a bottle at hand.
Just bought the cucumber alcohol-free toner.

I tried the Gillette "After Shave Lotion - Sensitive Skin". It didn't sting, and it didn't feel gooey after application.
The scent is what I would call mild and "mostly harmless".
proxy.php

I cannot vouch for the gel in the blue container.

I gave it away to my son, because I found I prefer the alcohol splashes after all.

Hello everyone:
A few days ago I opened a discussion and a lot of people told me to try the: Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm. i tried it and i dont like it...
I have a lot of humidity in my country and this aftershave not really suitable for my climate, within a few minutes all my face sweated without any physical effort.
so now i am looking for another options: aftershave balm for sensitive which prone to razor bumps and burn, and not really sticky and does not cause to much sweating.
Thanks ! :)

444 Aftershave balm is very nice, and contains a nice menthol kick. I think it’s pretty mild in my opinion.

Have you considered a pre / post shave cream in stead of a balm? Something like 3P, Proraso, or even Prep. All are thicker than a balm and get soaked right into the skin. Both 3P and Prep have host of other uses too, smell nice and are cooling on the skin. Ive been using 3P for a few years now and have no complaints.

i tried to use with pre shave before few months for few times and its not prevent my skin irritation.
so i am looking for only aftershave balms...
but thank you on the suggestion

i tried this is before and this is make my skin oily and black heads + its not prevent my skin irritation (bumps)

I tried the Gillette "After Shave Lotion - Sensitive Skin". It didn't sting, and it didn't feel gooey after application.
The scent is what I would call mild and "mostly harmless".
proxy.php

I cannot vouch for the gel in the blue container.

I gave it away to my son, because I found I prefer the alcohol splashes after all.

i tried the blue version which contain alcohol he is not was sticky at all (because the alcohol) , but he is dry my face even in a summer...
what you think about the white version (sensitive skin) he is good and prevent razor burn and bumps ? you feel any burning after the application ?
Thank you :)

444 Aftershave balm is very nice, and contains a nice menthol kick. I think it’s pretty mild in my opinion.

if you have the 444 packaging :
I would be happy if you could shoot me the list of ingredients, because I have sensitive skin I must see the list of ingredients before I buy.
This will help me a very huge thank you. :)

Proraso White balm is a nice alternative. I also really like the Aqua Velva 5 in 1 balm.
its really good option the proraso...
and about the aqua velva have inside salicylic acid which is bad for the sun radiation.
Salicylic acid peels a layer of skin and then the skin is more sensitive to the sun's rays, it can cause pigmentation in the skin as a result of product application and sun exposure (especially if you have sensitive skin)

... what you think about the white version (sensitive skin) he is good and prevent razor burn and bumps ?
Well, by the time you apply aftershave, you've already got razor burn, so I would not say it prevents it. It did relieve it somewhat after the fact though.
I've never gotten bumps from shaving (no matter what I used) anyway, so I can't say that it prevents those either.
you feel any burning after the application ?
Very little, if any. It was a year ago, so I don't remember exactly.
I recall mostly that it did not sting like an alcohol splash, yet it was not sticky or greasy like many balms.

... and about the aqua velva have inside salicylic acid which is bad for the sun radiation.
Does the AV balm smell like an Aqua Velva alcohol splash? That is reason enough for me not to use it. :18:

Last edited:
Well, by the time you apply aftershave, you've already got razor burn, so I would not say it prevents it. It did relieve it somewhat after the fact though.
I've never gotten bumps from shaving (no matter what I used) anyway, so I can't say that it prevents those either.

Very little, if any. It was a year ago, so I don't remember exactly.
I recall mostly that it did not sting like an alcohol splash, yet it was not sticky or greasy like many balms.

Does the AV balm smell like an Aqua Velva alcohol splash? That is reason enough for me not to use it. :18:

i never use that before only because the salicylic acid ... if you have a sensitive skin yes dont use with this ...
i am not a dermatologist after all but :
I remember that I used a mask for Garnier's face and it was written on the back that it contains salicylic acid and must use a sun protective cream in parallel with this product.
In addition to the logic says I put peeling skin layer and the skin became sensitive to the sun's rays...
presented on the packaging of aqua velva '' fight ingrown hairs '', it's obvious that it's because of the salicylic acid ...
All the wisdom to produce a product that will prevent skin irritations but on the other hand the component will be safe to use in any condition and in the sun and etc...

proxy.php

Ingredients: Agua, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Carbomer Menthol, Diisopropylamine
The image and ingredients list are from bullgoose shaving. Not sure if the Alcohol will bother you, so maybe it won’t be a good fit.... Good luck, I hope you find something soon.
Matt

Top Bottom