What's new

Need advice on this ebay watch seller

I'm looking at bidding on a watch offered by ebay seller timeparadise, locate d in Singapore. Lots of positive feedback but I'd like to hear of anyone's experience with this seller and his merchandise before I make a run at one of his auctions. Thanks.

While I have no experience with the vendor, his feedback seems OK.

The main issues to keep in mind when buying from an overseas buyer are:

1. Customs fees. It appears he ships DHL or FedEx. The carriers usually pay the customs fees then charge you for them. Something to keep in mind in calculating the overall cost of the watch.

2. Returns can be more difficult and/or more expensive when dealing with in-country vendors. Some sellers are specific about how merchandise is shipped back - you'll have to deal with customs forms, shipping via specific carrier, etc. Merchandise can be held up in the receiving country by customs. I had a watch I purchased from a Spain-based vendor and I had to return it for a refund. It was stuck in customs in Spain for almost two weeks. They wanted the original seller to pony up import fees - it was finally cleared up, but it took a while.

If it's an inexpensive watch, it can be worth it. I always have second thoughts when purchasing a more expensive watch from overseas.

I'm looking at bidding on a watch offered by ebay seller timeparadise, locate d in Singapore. Lots of positive feedback but I'd like to hear of anyone's experience with this seller and his merchandise before I make a run at one of his auctions. Thanks.

Ok Salty!! I don't know if you frequent the site watchuseek.com or not but they usually talk about different watch sellers on ebay. Much like our site they are really careful when it comes to buying watches (just as they should) i did a search of your seller and it seems he is legit. One guy said he has bought over 20 watches from him (Seiko and Citizen) and they also talk about him selling Hamilton watches? Here is on one of the links to a thread about him. Type in timeparadise in the search engine on the site and you will see other posts about him. Hope this helps and good luck!!

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f357/timeparadise-ebay-475499.html

I bought a Hamilton Field Khaki from him. Shipping from Singapore was a little slower than from other countries in Asia (based on this one order), but it was shipped by post, so no nasty brokerage fees. The watch was legit, with a stamped warranty card. As he says on his eBay page, his shipping is slightly higher than some sellers, but he does ship a well packaged box, with the complete original packaging. Many asian eBay sellers ship without the original box to save on shipping. I think the shipping was 3-4 weeks total, so not bad. I often wait 3 weeks for USPS shipments from the US to Canada.

Top Bottom