What's new

Need advice - best SE razor

Yeah, I will be passing it on to the next chap soon and already miss it.

Is this a Pass-around? I would love to try this specific razor. With is new multi-axis mill, I was debating a machine finish purchase if the price was right. If I could 'test drive' one, I would probably step up to a nicer option if I like it or, save myself ~$150 and look somewhere else.

I am on the hunt for a better AC format razor. Through the kindness of a forum member, I have a chromed Excalibur in-bound to contrast with the frosted finish one I got with that super skinny handle.

The only thing that shaves better than a Schick G is a Schick E. I prefer the E2 with a Chick blade. Can’t be beat. The King of shaving.

My Schick L "Raquette ball" basketweave Grip is giving my other Schicks a real run for the money. I really like my G, which is what I started with but, that newish L is simply awesome! Really cheap to buy too!

Is this a Pass-around? I would love to try this specific razor. With is new multi-axis mill, I was debating a machine finish purchase if the price was right. If I could 'test drive' one, I would probably step up to a nicer option if I like it or, save myself ~$150 and look somewhere else.

The price for the head (no handle) is 160 EUR (machined finish) + 35 EUR for shipping. ($210+)

I agree. Even though I am interested in buying a modern SE, I have a feeling it will be difficult to replace the perfection that is the Type G.

Right now the Raquetball grip L-series injector is the one I would be hard-pressed to give up though, the E's and G's are nice too.

I am on the hunt for a better AC format razor. Through the kindness of a forum member, I have a chromed Excalibur in-bound to contrast with the frosted finish one I got with that super skinny handle.
Yes, it was a passaround, though I believe it’s locked? Idk, search around and maybe it’s still going.

I tried the Ever Ready with a Gem a few years ago and almost skinned myself alive and got put off for some years.

I recently got back into SE shaving with a Claymore Evolution that was smooth and gentle with the Artist Club blades, I love it and have just bought another for my father. I picked up a trio of Above the Tie razors last month that i'm working my way through - the SE1, SE2 and the X1 slant.

Today I received a Blackland Sabre Lvl1. Initially I was worried about the GEM blades but jumped right in. Wow, what a shave! very smooth and close shave with just one weeper. The Blackland Sabre jumped into my top 5 razors. I love everything about it, the exceptional build quality, the heft and the ease of use, the shaving angle just comes naturally.

I've truly got the SE bug. The guy who sold me the Sabre has offered me a Blackland Vector so that one is up next!

Top Bottom