What's new

Need a Wooden Soap Bowl?

In the "for what it's worth" department,

You may already know of this but, if you want a wooden soap bowl for your soaps but don't want to pay the premiums that the high end vendors charge, you might consider just buying the refills and this little bowl with a lid for $5.99.

I got one and have another on the way. They're nice.

does the lid fit securely, or just cover the bowl? I mean, could you turn it upside down and it stay on? could it survive with soap inside placed inside of a shaving bag and thrown by baggage handlers into the belly of a 747???

:wink: :biggrin: :confused:

-thanks

Matt,

I've got a couple of those bowls. The lids do not have a tight fit and will fall off if turned upside down. None of the wooden bowl I have ever used have fit tight enough to stay on if turned over.

Randy

thanks- any idea what would stay on, in terms of storage for soaps? right now i have the williams shave soap that i am storing in a tupperware container, which im sure you can understand, is not really "cool". so is there something in this same price range (under $10) that can hold the soap in style?

maybe i should wait till i finish the proraso soap dish, although it could take a LONG while. maybe the williams mug soap could fit into the pre/post proraso glass dish...that one goes faster! :cool: :cool:

I just went and bought another Proraso soap and took it out of the plastic tub and put it in the bowl. LOOKS MUCH NICER . . .

No, the lids are not snug fitting.

mpisarcik said:
thanks- any idea what would stay on, in terms of storage for soaps? right now i have the williams shave soap that i am storing in a tupperware container, which im sure you can understand, is not really "cool". so is there something in this same price range (under $10) that can hold the soap in style?

maybe i should wait till i finish the proraso soap dish, although it could take a LONG while. maybe the williams mug soap could fit into the pre/post proraso glass dish...that one goes faster! :cool: :cool:

Try these from Wal-Mart -- they're only $6 for a pack of four glass/pyrex containers and lids, and it's almost as if they're tailor-made for shaving soaps. Obviously they're not quite as fancy as a wooden bowl, but they're certainly a step up from plastic containers.

Also, I discovered that the wooden bowl my Taylor's soap came in has a sort of screw-on lid that does stay in place when the bowl is turned upside down.

Top Bottom