What's new

need a Timeless suggestion

i currently shave twice a week and use a 37c. My beard isn't that heavy but it's a bit coarse. Three passes with the 37c gives me a pretty good shave... not perfect but pretty good. I have a Timeless coming my way for my birthday in a couple of months and am trying to decide on the correct plate. I think I've already decided on the .68 gap. My question is around the open comb or scalloped plate. What thinks this group... Goal is a comfortable but close shave. TIA

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I had an OC .68 for a while. If I were doing it again I would go scalloped simply because the OC didn’t really feel like a proper OC.

Took me a while to figure out my .95 OC in stainless. Takes me a shave to figure out anything else but this took me weeks. Almost gave up.

Always adjusted my angle with open combs based on seeing strips, basically if you see strips of cream on your face, your angle is wrong and you have to adjust. With my Timeless, I followed the same technique but kept getting harsh shaves, irritation and could only muster a DFS no matter what blade I used.

Before a decision to sell, I thought just for the heck of it, I’d try neutral, with the handle basically parallel to my face, like shaving with a cart. After seeing those strips of cream on my first pass, I was amazed that I had a DFS on the first pass.

Wow! Since that day, I have gotten smooth, irritation free, long lasting BBS shaves in 2 passes every time. Strips of shaving cream from the OC on my face and all, no matter the blade. No hint of stubble whatsoever. Just an amazing shave.

If you get an OC and you have my issue initially, go neutral and pretend you’re shaving with a cart. Sounds completely wrong, but trust me, you’ll get one of the best shaves you’ve ever had.

I have 0.68 scalloped coming. I have no idea if it suits me but with 0.95 oc I got a bit too much irritation. I shave many times a week (4-6 times).

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have 0.68 scalloped coming. I have no idea if it suits me but with 0.95 oc I got a bit too much irritation. I shave many times a week (4-6 times).
Shaved with my Ti68 scalloped for many months. Totally happy.

Finally got wanderlust and ordered Ti95 OC. I got the occasional weeper at first, but the shaves are SO close!

Both are great. The milder razor is an ideal daily driver, the other a sports car.

Which is best- for me? Both.

AA

Graydog

Biblical Innards
My favorite is the Scalloped .95 Ti simply the
Smoothest and most efficient razor for My face
I have .68 OC Ti that is great also
I also have the SS .95 open comb and .68 SB
I really like all of them very much.
I shave everyday and have no problem.
My preferred blades are the feather and the Med Prep.

My favorite is the Scalloped .95 Ti simply the
Smoothest and most efficient razor for My face
I have .68 OC Ti that is great also
I also have the SS .95 open comb and .68 SB
I really like all of them very much.
I shave everyday and have no problem.
My preferred blades are the feather and the Med Prep.

+1 for Med Preps in Timeless Razors. Lab Blues are great too after that first shave.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
+1 for Med Preps in Timeless Razors. Lab Blues are great too after that first shave.
Oddly, I find Timeless to be totally non-picky with blades ... Though I should test this statement with the dreaded Merkur Extra Dull n' Draggy blade tuck I threw in the very bottom of a drawer. Somewhere.

AA

Oddly, I find Timeless to be totally non-picky with blades ... Though I should test this statement with the dreaded Merkur Extra Dull n' Draggy blade tuck I threw in the very bottom of a drawer. Somewhere.

AA

I got a pack of Sharks with another razor purchase and they are pretty impressive in my Timeless. Only problem is that it only works great for one shave. If I was a one blade per shave guy, I’d definitely get Sharks for it and save some money. Must say the Shark was pretty smooth in that razor.

I'm a Shark SC guy in my Ti95DC and only push a blade to 5-6 shaves as that covers a 2 week period usually, (every other day shaver).... At around $10 /100pk I won't be going in the poor house any time soon.

Top Bottom