What's new

Need a new wallet

The large Saddleback is a great wallet but it is large and won't fit well into the back pocket of some of my slacks and is a bit bulky for a front pocket. It also has a very deep pocket for paper money and the bills get hard to remove. I used a couple of folder over business cards to keep the bills more to the top of the compartment. While I really like the large Saddleback I am going to order a medium one as I think overall its a better size.

Ive had the coach buffalo slim for 4 years and I love it. It has four card compartments and a middle section as well, its the perfect size for me. I typically dont carry cash but when i do I can fold it in half and stick it in the middle. At $48 it isnt to much more than the saddlebacks.

proxy.php

Last edited:
S

Sam

Ordered the small wallet in Chestnut by Saddlecreek. If it is too thick, Ill order the Col Littleton.

IMHO a gentleman should never carry a wallet in his trousers, unless he's just popped out to the shops. It justs looks sluvenlly to me. I recently bought a wallet from Muji; black on outside with bone/natural interior, traditional folding type with two note-envelopes, slots for 4 cars plus a stud-fastened pocket, which will hold receipts, more cards etc, but which I use to put my keys in. Its made of Italian, vegetable-tanned leather, looks and feels of good quality and cost me 348 yuan. The leather felt almost suede-like when new but has buffed and oxidised to a nice, smooth, heardwearing finish, especially on the outside, which I think was done by hand as the dye had a pleasing inconsistency about it which a discerning person might notice only when really looking carefully at it in bright light- maybe this was due to the waxes used in the finishing process? It adds character and quality to the feel of the item. Another nice touch is that the main piece of leather is big enough to cosset your notes, meaning no-one can see how much money you've brought out with you. This is not a small wallet, but I think has a classless feel to it. It would go extremely well with a classic , white-dialled Mondaine Evo.

Last edited:
I am extremely suprised no one has mentioned mitchell's leather yet

http://www.mitchell-leather.com/Other_Products.html

Its a great design and extremely thing ( i have 3 other slim wallets as well) but the mitchells will hold a lot if you ask it too... i have 6-8 cards in there at the moment but i beleive my father who i bought one as well has at least 12-15

Just got one for Christmas and love it. Super thin and holds everything I need. I really like the money clip as it works very well.

Ive had the coach buffalo slim for 4 years and I love it. It has four card compartments and a middle section as well, its the perfect size for me. I typically dont carry cash but when i do I can fold it in half and stick it in the middle. At $48 it isnt to much more than the saddlebacks.

Have the same one for last 4years and had served me well,if i didnt cary so many cards,17 to be exact, stuck in it wouldnt have stretched it so much and finally the corner of my credit card had punctured a small hole,otherwise is very durable leather and very well made,worth the 48 dollars for sure.

Just got one for Christmas and love it. Super thin and holds everything I need. I really like the money clip as it works very well.

John - any idea how to go about purchasing one of these wallets? I don't see an on-line store at the web site link you provided. Thanks!

Top Bottom