What's new

Need a new dish washer

had a weird electrical surge/outage thingy thus afternoon. Everything came back except the dishwasher which was, of course, in the middle of a wash cycle. Zero power. Zero response. No tripped breakers. Dead. So unless there is a circuit breaker button somewhere on the machine it is dead.

Was a Maytag. Looking at a Bosch this time. Any thoughts?

A friend had a Bosch go up in flames, which is not in the job description for a dishwasher. Fire extinguishers were used and fire put out without harm to the family, but it was a big mess.

I'm steering clear of Bosch, myself.

Another satisfied Bosch customer here. It's been rock solid so far, about five or six years so far.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Bosch. Going on 8 years and still cleans as well as it did day 1. Quiet....like ninja quiet. Only complaint is you can't disable the audible signal that the dishes are complete. PITA when you start it when going to bed and a couple hours later "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep".

Quite happy with our Bosch. Very quiet, so that you can start it before bedtime or while reading or watching TV without being disturbed. No audible signal on ours.

+1 to the Bosch's and their quiet operation. Ours has a small red light that shines on the floor when it's running. It is actually needed sometimes.

My house had a Bosch when I moved in. I don't know how old it was then but I've been here 7 years now. That Bosch is the best one I've ever had.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Happy with my GE. The only caveat is it has a cheap rack which is rusting out after 10 years. I got my money's worth out of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The restart did not work and a call to the help line got us nothing but a “well, a power outage will do that. Better call a service tech.”

I really don’t want to have a machine that a small power outage will kill.

The research I just did said it is a burnt control board. It was $125 for the one on that thread, just for the board.

We had a top of the line frigidaire that started leaking at 18 months old. I replaced everything but could not stop the leak. I trashed it and got a non energy saving Maytag for $500 from Spencers. It actually works better than the other.

I know you don't want Maytag but remember many of the common ones are owned by the same people and use the same parts. This one is different than our last one, parts wise.

Good luck with the brand you get.

I have a Fisher & Paykel Dishdrawer - I like the split design. They are less common in the US but quite an innovative piece of kit.

Top Bottom