What's new

Need a new Baseball Glove, need help making a selection.

I have to start buying shaving gear....too much time, too much research and now I'm going to look at this glove.

It's a 12" infielder/pitcher model, available locally for a very good price (about $100 new from a reputable retailer) and may take the place of the REVO 950. According to the Rawlings site, the Heart of the Hide is a series up from the REVO and uses better leather. I know I am overthinking here, but that's what I do. :001_rolle

To be honest, I don't even play baseball but want to get back in to it and researching and finding them amuses me and keeps me entertained. Today was good for that, as the work have been unsusable but Google works :w00t:

View attachment 357178

Rawlings Heart Of The Hide Dual Core Series: PRO12MTDCC

• 12.00 Inch Pattern
  • Conventional Open Back
  • Dual Core Technology
  • Game Ready Feel
  • Modified Trapeze Web
  • Perfect for Any Position
  • Softer Feel
  • TT Pro Lace
  • USA Horween Leather

Stared at these for sometime now myself...look to be high quality gloves!

Stared at these for sometime now myself...look to be high quality gloves!
Funny, I was just playing catch with the kids yesterday with this glove.

I got it on a good sale, but even at regular price, it's worth it if you play a lot of ball or catch.

It looks like and feels like a glove that will last years and was pretty much broken in and soft right off the rack.

Big fan of the Wilson A800 series. Have the 12" 3rd base & 1st base baseball gloves. Both came game ready. Quality built, nice soft feel with excellent paddding and ideally priced.

OK. This is an old thread that I would not re-open, but now that it is, I'll chime in.

Look at Nakona. Made in USA. High quality and built to last. I got my son one of these when he got serious about baseball when he was 11. He is now 18 and the glove is going strong. Hopefully will last him until when he has kids of his own.

I still have glove I got in 1967 when I was 8. Maury Wills signature model from Spalding. It is small and beat up, but it is priceless to me. Brings back many happy memories and that is why I wanted to get my son a glove that he could own forever.

OK. This is an old thread that I would not re-open, but now that it is, I'll chime in.

Look at Nakona. Made in USA. High quality and built to last....

I was admiring those, they look great. Made in USA is a nice bonus too.

Look at Nokona. Made in USA. High quality and built to last. I got my son one of these when he got serious about baseball when he was 11. He is now 18 and the glove is going strong. Hopefully will last him until when he has kids of his own.

I don't mind paying quality money for a glove if it means it will last a long time

I remember MisterCitizen (Ben) had bought and posted about a Nokono just a little while after I had posting my thread.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/391440-10-000-Posts-and-a-New-Ball-Glove!?highlight=

What I liked about the Rawlings was I was able to feel and try it first hand. In the US, you guys have much more options for ballgloves and stores that carry. Even places like JustBallGloves.com who offer Free Shipping to and From and 30 day trials make it easier to take a chance on a $200+ gloves with no chance of getting a dud.

Last edited:

Look at Nakona. Made in USA. High quality and built to last. I got my son one of these when he got serious about baseball when he was 11. He is now 18 and the glove is going strong. Hopefully will last him until when he has kids of his own.

I still have glove I got in 1967 when I was 8. Maury Wills signature model from Spalding. It is small and beat up, but it is priceless to me. Brings back many happy memories and that is why I wanted to get my son a glove that he could own forever.

Didn't even notice the date before posting. Oops! Oh well, haven't heard of Nakona before. Nice looking mitts!

My Heart of the Hide is over 20 years old and is still game ready. invest in a quality glove, take good care of it and it will serve you longer than your rotator cuff.

I know this is an old thread, but I just happened to have searched forever for a glove (a little less options, being left handed) This list served me pretty well for a basic glove.

Top Bottom