What's new

Need a larger brush for my scuttle.

Good morning all.

I need to get a larger brush for my scuttle because the 2 brushes I already have are too small; sometimes the handle slips into the spout so the brush ends up completely submerged and it’s obviously awkward to fish out from a scuttle of boiling water!

As always your suggestions are always welcome.

Jason.

Being in the UK, a Simpsons seems the obvious choice. With a bit of bit of looking, you might find a NOS Vulfix in appropriately large size. If Synthetic is your pleasure, maybe the high lofted Kent. I prefer Semogue personally, there are lots of choices.

Best brush I have is the Omega Pro 48 boar. Huge brush, broke in perfectly, cheap. I have a Stirling Kong synthetic that is also pretty big, but it's not as nice as the Omega. My other boars, synthetics and one badger are back-ups to the Pro.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Alternatively, I'd suggest a new scuttle: Georgetown G12.

Boiling water seems like overkill, but if it works for you all the better.

@JasonJT
Are you interested in badger, boar, synthetic etc?
I enjoy soft synthetics.
RazoRock has a Plissoft 'Beehive' with a 28mm x 63mm brush that would probably be nice.
I have the RR 'Big Bruce' with a knot 26mm x 63mm and I like it a lot.

The TECH beehive tuxedo on Ebay is really nice for $20. I had one but ruined it in too hot water. I'm thinking of the Yaqi white 30mm as I have the 20mm one. "Little Joe" I call it, lol. Tuxedos are nice.

Top Bottom